35: He's back

BECCA

Today was 21st. Which meant Drew was coming back tomorrow. Every moment, I thought about what Drew confessed at the side of the road, made my stomach do ten somersaults at the same time. I had no idea in which stage of relationship we were hanging on.

After the little incident I pulled seven days ago, I wasn't allowed to visit Erikson's mansion. I myself didn't allow. But as today was the last day of the house being empty and I still had the library to explore, I thought to pay a visit.

I was greeted with happy faces. "Hey! Long time no see," Brian said.

"Yeahhh..." I bit back my tongue, stopping myself from saying that I was grounded. "Stayed the last few days in a relative's house."

Brian nodded. "I presume you are back for Drew's birthday?"

I choked on my saliva. Like reallyyyyy choked. "Drew's birthday?" Why was it always, me getting to know stuffs about Drew from the bodyguards?

"Yeah, 25th."

My body burned in embarrassment. I should have been presented with the award of Worst Friend in the history of friends. I did the calculations- only four days were left. And I didn't have any idea about Drew's likings. What gift would Drew like as a birthday present from me?

Brian broke the silence I didn't realize I'd created. "This year it's not going to be hard for Drew."

"What?" I quite didn't catch what he said. Or meant.

"Mr and Mrs Erikson won't be here. They couldn't postpone their Milan project." Brian explained.

That might be the best birthday present Drew was going to receive for his 20th birthday.

(#^.^#)

Today was finally the day!!

After throwing my sling bag at Drew's bed, I excitedly jogged towards the room opposite to Drew's room. Which was The Library. I pushed the door with my hands.

The smell of book, old hardcovers and strong liquor smell filled my nose. Smells of books and covers were obviously understandable but liquor?

As I looked around the room, I noticed a small bar situated behind the study. The study included black leather chair and a massive glass and a metal desk. There was a globe in the corner which was too dark in color for its own good. The place looked it belonged to Anthony Erikson.

Except the wall behind the small study, the other three walls were covered with books. Floor to ceiling bookshelves with a rolling ladder. It had a wooden burning place too and a chandelier providing enough light than it should.

I roamed around the room, examining each shelves and taking out the books that I found interesting or I'd already read. I thought whether this is where Drew spent most of his times other than his room.

One of the three shelves was totally filled with Classics. Like floor to the ceiling, only classics. I took out three books that were kept together. They were The Age Of Innocence, Brideshead Revisited and The Three Musketeers. I'd read The Age Of Innocence in my school library. So I kept it back on the shelve carefully, as it was.