18: Friendzoned Café

DREW

Becca and I had agreed to meet at 12:50 today. I would be leaving at 12:30 AM. Mike usually closes his bedroom door at sharp 12:00 AM, and doesn't come out before 7:00 AM.

It was 11:37 PM and we were currently having dinner. "It was good." Mike wiped his mouth with napkin, and took a sip of water.

He stood up from his chair. "Thank.." By the time the words left my mouth, he had already left the living room. "..you."

Our more like Mike's cook's wife was pregnant and her water broke today. So, he had to leave early. I liked cooking. In spite of having 2 cooks, I cooked my meals everyday. One of the very few things my parents allowed me to do. I was cooking my own dinner when I overheard Mike's conversation with the cook. Even though he could have ordered something from online I still offered him cooking his dinner. Mike hesitated at first, but then agreed.

After completing my meal in silence, I went to the living room and waited for Mike to go to sleep. By the meantime, I went to google and searched for Cafes and restaurants that are open 24/7. I thought Becca would feel too bore to just sit in the car and talk.

I glanced at the giant clock hanging in the living room. 12:00 AM.. I heard a door closing. Mike's bedroom door. Man can be very punctual..

"40 minutes.." I murmured to myself, and switched off the lights of the living room and turned on the night lights. I didn't feel like going to my room, so I layed back on the couch, rested my left arm on my forehead and closed my eyes for a bit.

"...Drew.." Becca moaned as I picked her up by her thighs and lightly pushed her against the wall. She wrapped her arms around my neck. Her hand then went to my hairs and gripped them in her fists. She used her other hand to cup my jaw bringing my face dangerously closer than hers. Both of our chests were heaving uncontrollably.

I closed the gaps between our lips hurriedly. But then Becca's hand came in between us. She put them on my chest and murmured against my lips, "Phone.."

I pulled back a little in confusion to look at her brown eyes, "What?"

"Phone.."

The ringing voice of my phone made me bring back to mother earth. I shot up straight with my chest heaving uncontrollably.

"What the.." I rubbed a hand over my face and checked my phone to see who was calling. Becca's name was displayed on my screen in big letters. "..fuck." What did I just dream? I wasn't in the state to talk to Becca because of the dream I just had. But she would think I had canceled today's meet up. So I swiped right and placed it on my ear.

"Drew?"

"...Drew.."

I shook my head and threw the voice that clouded my brain and answered Becca, "Yeah?"

"No i just had to make sure- if we are still meeting or not.." Becca's voice dropped to the lowest.

"Yeah, yeah sure. Why would you think that?" I stood up from the couch and stretched a bit.

"No actually.. You weren't replying to my messages." With that, I brought my phone closer to my face only to see 16+ messages from Becca. Fuck. I pinched the bridge of my nose and put the phone back on my ear ready to say something to Becca.