35: Apple

BECCA

Lately I had been feeling like, I was betraying Shawn. Like not thinking about him 24/7 or not spending much time in my room, gaping at my walls like I used to. So in order to erase that eerie feeling, I decided to spend as much as time I could in my room. Thus, for the last four days I hadn't stepped out of my room. Not even once.

Hmm.

Nope..

That's not the real reason.

I was grounded.

Reason? I overslept at a 'stranger's house' and didn't receive any calls and neither did call back my mother.

Nah, it was more intense than it sounds like.

Four days ago, I fell into a deep sleep at Drew's closet and for some reason my battery had died. I still haven't figured it out how it died, I mean I had pretty good amount of charge left when I had called Drew. It was neither like the universe was on my side that day.

And also according to mom, she had tried to call me over a hundred times and in return she had gotten engaged as an answer. Though I couldn't disagree with the first one, because after an hour of scolding when I finally reached my room and plugged my phone into the charger, I was presented with 100+ notifications.

Forty missed calls from mom, thirteen from Hazel. Thirty six messages from mom, eighteen from Hazel and two from Gabe. Gabe's one were pickup lines.

In short, I'd been living a hell of a life since the past four days. Not because I was locked in my room but because mom was treating me as a garbage. She was still very angry at me. She didn't even look at me when she came to give food.

Mom was sat in one of the chairs of dining room when I came downstairs after being grounded for four days. She pretended not to see me when I pulled the chair opposite to her and sat. She continued with her crosswords.

"Hello."

"Hmm."

I sighed. "Are you going to stay mad at me?"

"Hmm."

"Do you have anything else to say except 'hmm'?"

"Hmm."

I scrunched my eyebrows. "Then tell."

Mom slapped the crossword magazine on the table and opened her specs and kept it on the table. And then stared at me. Like realllyyyy stared. "Becca, have I ever scolded or told anything to you ever? For sneaking out at the middle of the night with Drew?"

I didn't expect her to bring out this topic. I shook my head in response.

"Have I ever stopped you from going anywhere?" I shook my head again.

Mom crossed her arms over her chest. "Then what do you think- what is the reason behind my anger?"

I thought for a second before saying, "You know right that I have the same question..." I tried to lighten the environment but mom didn't find it funny.

Until I Found Her जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें