27: Well Finally..

DREW

Mrs. Elrod looked at me, then at Becca sleeping on the couch and then at the clock hanging on the wall with a very unpleasant look on her face.

"You realize what's the time, Drew?"

My heartbeat started to beat fast.

"I am sorry Mrs. Elrod I didn't mean to- No I mean- you have the right to be pissed at us, but it's not Becca's fault, it was me who asked her to teach me to ride a bike and again it was my fault to take her out at this time because I really couldn't do it in morning because you know my parents- they are really- that's not the matter- I'm sorry and-" My eyes widened when I realized what Mrs. Elrod was actually thinking. "We did nothing as you think, we were just in park and she fell asleep whi-"

"Ah," she gestured me to stop. "I was kidding." She rolled her eyes playfully. She walked to the kitchen to fill the jug she was holding but I still felt I owed her a sorry. "But still you know, someone needed to play the father role." She chuckled lightly.

"No I am really sorry Mrs. Elrod-"

"Drew... breathe," She told me while filling the jug. I didn't understand what she said. And the confused look might have been really displayed on my face because when she looked at me she laughed.

"You like Becca?"

I blinked. "Sorry?"

"Becca," she flicked her eyes towards Becca "You like her."

I didn't quite understand if that was a question or a statement. Because my answer to both of them was yes. But I wasn't sure I would be alive if I said that to Mrs. Elrod.

"No." Lying to this was the worst pain.

"Seriously? Oh thank God! I can finally say yes to my old friend who has been asking for Becca's hand in marriage for her son since-"

"No no no, I like her! I do, I seriously do!" I blurted out like a mad human.

Mrs. Elrod stared at me. I felt seen. "You really like her, don't you?"

I nodded slowly.

Mrs. Elrod smiled. "You hungry?"

Well actually.. "I am.."

"Good." She proceeded to take foods out of the fridge and put them in microwave. She set the timer and turned to me. "You seriously don't know how to ride a bike?"

I scratched my neck being embarrassed, "Yeah- You know my parents.." I stopped to think.

"..Were not the normal type of parents.. Not the type who teaches you drawing- not the type who teaches you what is good and what is bad for you.. Not the type to teach you how to ride a bike, not the type to stay awake and beside you when you are burning with a fever..." I could feel my throat breaking a little.

"Not the type to scold you like a mother or father usually does when their kid does something wrong.. I think.. They never wanted to have a kid... I wished, I never should have born in the first place. They would have been much more happier without me.." It's then that I realize how thick and wet and trembling my voice sounded.