8: The Cinderella Story

(Edited: February 5th, 2024)

AN~

This chapter is not completely rewritten. But kind of rewritten. NOT COMPLETELY THOUGH. Yeah, you probably get it...

BECCA

"You are talking to this guy for more than four months?"

Uh-huh. Here we go again. "Yes."

"You are talking to the son of two millionaires?"

"That doesn't matt-"

"Yes it does."

Off course it does- I don't know why I said the above words.

"So, you are talking to the son of Susanne Williams and Anthony Erikson?"

"Yea- you know them?"

"Yeah literally everyone knows them. They are like, everytime making appearance either in newspaper or news channels." I didn't miss the snort at the end of her sentence.

Okhay.. That might be the reason why I never had known them. When Drew mentioned his parents' name, I don't know if he was expecting a reaction or not from me, but the answer remained same for both the options- he didn't get any. That was because I didn't know them.

Yes, off course I was shocked and thrilled??... knowing that he was a son of two millionaires but I didn't react to any of their names as I said earlier, I didn't know them. And neither did I feel the importance to search them in google. But sitting in the cafeteria, across to Hazel, I felt like I should have had searched. Because Hazel reacted more to the part where I said Drew's parents names than the part where I said 'I'd been talking to an online stranger for four FUCKING months'. Which I'd thought, would alter Hazel's brain cells more.

Well I guess, I was wrong..

They were ought to appear in TV and newspapers, I realized. But on the same note, I was, then ought to not know them..

I didn't like news channels. Or any sources of news.

Six years ago, I was all home alone, when the news flashed on the TV screen that a car had been found in the highway upside down, completely wrecked and the person who was driving was in the position of taking his last breathe. "Arthur Elrod, the name in his identity card says." The name flashed on the TV screen collapsing my world.

Hazel had come over my place that day to spend some time as dad was on a business trip and mom was at her work. But as we were younger, we had an early curfew. Her driver was instructed to drop Hazel back at her house by dot seven o'clock. But as Hazel was on the midway to her house, she didn't quite feel good. She had her instincts feeling bad.

Hazel argued with the driver to turn back the car to my house but who would listen to an eleven year old, anyway? Hazel's demanding force made her driver turn back the car even though he was strictly instructed to drop her at her house by seven o'clock.

I don't know if this thing of Hazel's was a god-gifted thing or not. At some point, it scared Cathy and Matt. Like take for an example, I would've kept losing blood if Hazel wouldn't have made her driver turn back the car back to my house.