2: Some Days Are Hard Without Him

(Edited: August 18th, 2023)

BECCA

I entered into my classroom and... I was screwed. Mrs. Whitley had already started the class. Everyone's eyes were glued to me. Is it a crime to be late in class?

Mrs. Whitley lowered her specs. "You are late Becca."

"I'm sorry ma'am. I was stuck in the traffic." Nobody's gonna tell her.

"Well when I came the road was clear as the sky."

KEEP CALM. KEEP CALM.
DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID.

I rolled my eyes. "You must have then flew to school."

Ariana opened her mouth to argue back when Mrs. Whitley scolded both of us. "Settle down fast! Let me continue the class." I gritten my teeth and turned back to search an empty seat when I saw Ariana giving me a look full of disgust.

A very disturbing history.

I let it go and started looking for seats. Well almost every front seats were booked. Even the bac- nope... I saw Gabe waving at me. How did he reach before me?! Then he patted the seat next to him. Could this day get any much worser? Well I had no choice either so I made my way to the last bench.

"I saved you a seat." Gabe grinned at me. I seriously had nothing else to do other than banging my head on the desk.

(#^.^#)

Day was finally over and I couldn't wait to go home. I hadn't been in my home for the last four days. And I missed mom. Hazel asked me if I needed a ride back home but I denied, reasons being- first, she had to drive extra and second... I was scared of the poor cat's soul.

If I had to go somewhere, I usually rode Yolo. Yolo- my first child, my love- my bike. I loved her to death. (Please note the sarcasm)

It wasn't like I hated her yes it's a she but the idea of spending my entire income of a month in repairing her just so that it would stop working again after two weeks, made me wanna break her into pieces by myself.

But at the same time, Yolo had been with me since I was a kid. My parents gifted it to me on my eleventh birthday. Yes I still use her. At that age, getting a bike which would be completely yours was a total level of excitement. And also it used to work faster than a bullet train. Used to.

Naming her wasn't hard. I mentally worshipped the person who invented the phrase 'You Only Live Once' since the day I was born. So I kept my bike's name Yolo so that it could remind me to never stop living my life to it's fullest, even in the hardest times.

Enough of daily motivation. At present, I was waiting for the next bus to arrive when my phone beeped. I took it out and after unlocking it, I realized it was Drew who had texted.

Loner_Boy- School over I presume?

Me- Yeah. Purrfect timing. I'll text you when I reach home.

He sent me a thumbs up emoji.

I tucked the phone in my pocket and waited for the bus.

Two minutes later, the bus arrived. I got inside and luckily it wasn't crowded. I chose to seat in the window seat, like why not. After settling myself comfortably, I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes.

For some reason, the idea of Drew remembering my schedule flooded my mind. I actually adored the fact that he texted accordingly to my schedule

For the first month, we didn't converse much except at 05:06 AM. Second month, we started having small talks in between the day and night times. But for some reason, we had never ever conversed after 12:00 AM.