Ch. 11: It Takes One To No Place Pt. 1

BEFORE THE PRISM SHATTER...

Sonic's only lasted a few short seconds before he let out a huge exaggerated gasp pointing past the ebony hedgehog. "Oh no! EGGMAN!"

Shadow and Willow both looked where he was pointing in confusion, only to realize too late that Sonic had set up the bait for Shadow to take and spin dashed him into the side of a cliff, burying him in rubble. Willow didn't even know what to say to that. 'Dude! What the heck, man?!'

"Hate to hit and run, but I gotta split, Shadow!" sonic yelled over his shoulder as he made a mad dash for the mountain, hearing the mint green hedgehog holler as he collected more Rings, "Sonic, get back here! You're not even supposed to be there!"

Willow huffed through her teeth in frustration, facepalming herself as nos she had no choice but to chase after him by making the long trek back by herself. But as she starts to take her first steps towards the red spire of earth, she felt the ground beneath her tremble with tremendous magnitude like an angry volcano. The Ultimate Lifeform burst through the debris with a grunt, scattering the remains in several directions. He closed his eyes and deeply inhaled, recollecting himself  before feeling a pair of eyes staring at him from below. The girl's eyes were filled with fright as she backed away from him. His unfaltering gaze studied her from head to toe, noting her fur color.

"You. You're that girl!"

She turned her heel and ran with tears in the corners of her eyes.

Screw Sonic. Screw whatever help this guy might be. Now all she wanted was to stop the Blue Blur and Eggman and be done with it.

Looking where she was headed, Shadow sped past her towards the mountain knocking down a whistling Big over who was on his way home. The ebony hedgehog scaled up the side of the mountain, destroying any stray Badniks left behind, hoping  -- no, PRAYING that he wasn't too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow could only still see the cliff where she first started. She was panting from exhaustion and panic as she looked off towards the mountain, unsure of what to do. "I gotta... I gotta stop them!"

"Use the gem, Willow," said a soft, elderly female voice in her head.

Willow perked up and looked around. "Grandma? Grandma, are you there?"

"Use the gem, Willow," the voice repeated as Willow subconsciously opened up her backpack, pulling the gem out. "It can help you. After all, that is no ordinary gem."

"How?"

"Focus on the gem. Picture where you want to be at right now, and just say, 'Chaos Control.'"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "C-Chaos Control?"

"With feeling. Trust your heart."

She deeply inhaled and her amethyst eyes shot wide open, shining with a spark. Picturing the Paradox Prism at the end of a long, dark tunnel, she held the purple gem out in front of her and yelled, "CHAOS CONTROL!"

The next few seconds felt like her quills were being blown around by a turbine in an indoor skydiving simulator. Her surroundings distorted and swirled like chocolate syrup being stored into milk until they darkened and settled.

Her free hand accidentally brushed against the bottle surface of a stalagmite; she was overjoyed when she saw the reflecting rhinestone lights on the ceiling of the cavern being given off by the rainbow-y cluster.