Ch. 1: Shattered Part 1

Original photo owned by SEGA. All rights reserved.

I did this illustration to at least give everyone a chance to get to know what my OC (right) looks like. Anyway, on with the story! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic and a mint green hedgehog were released by a fiery outburst of sapphire into an indigo void, along with many meteor-sized fragments of obsidian.

Though both were unconscious, the mint green hedgehog's eyes soon fluttered open, feeling a jolt of energy stir her awake. Looking around at her surroundings, her ears drooped in shame as she became misty-eyed.

'I failed... everyone.'

"Fear not, little one," a faint elderly voice made her ears perk up.

"Huh?" Her head swerved in search for the voice. "Grandma?"

"Your journey is not yet over. Your moment of full bloom is yet to come. Help your new friend correct his error: mend what's been broken, rebuild anew, strengthen the bonds, and then all shall be made clear unto you."

The hedgehog girl silently nodded as she reached out for the Blue Blur. She nearly zapped herself before realizing that some sort of weird white electricity was dancing along the soles of his trademark red-and-white strapped shoes with golden buckles. Careful not to touch his feet, she grabbed one of his calves before he could float away, then reached out for his waist to pull him close and took hold of his arm.

The girl was nearly spooked when a glowing crystalline hologram of Dr. Eggman appeared out of nowhere. "One day, I'll destroy that hedgehog and the world will be a better place for it, lit by neon."

The hologram dissolved, leaving the girl quite nervous wondering what became of the universe. But her negative thoughts were interrupted by another hologram, in the form of Sonic's twin-tailed friend, Tails.

"As long as I'm around, you'll always have a wingman!"

'What... what is this?'

"The forest is the most beautiful place earth," an apparition of Amy smiled, clutching her hands to her heart.

"I don't need the details; just tell me who to smash," a crystalline form of Knuckles pounded his namesakes into his box-gloved hand intimidatingly.

"You may not like the way I do things, but I get things done," a ghost-like Rouge solely promised.

'Are these... Sonic's memories?' the mint green hedgehog pondered.

Another image of Amy appeared, with a sincere look on her face. "Hey, I may be the one who can bring everyone together, but there's only one hedgehog. they'll follow into battle."

"Heh heh! I don't need an army when I got a friend like you, Sonic!" another image of Tails laughed while flying with his two tails.

The two hedgehogs floated on with the rest of rest of the dull shards until something gleamed in the girl's eyes: something red glowing dead ahead.

"I will rule the world, and no rodents are going to stop me," Eggman's sinister voice echoed, sending another chill down the girl's spine as she and Sonic drew closer to the light. The light pulled the two closer towards it, and the girl felt as if she was being slowly swirled around in the world's largest toilet.