Chapter 1

Author's note: This was the first fic I ever wrote, so keep in mind that it isn't my best work. And it isn't my favorite of all my stories but it's special to me, and it led me to create dozens of different settings for Stydia stories from then on. Most of all, it got me to write, something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Please take notice that the events of this story take place in between S4 and S5, diverging from canon as the story goes. In the beginning some characters may come off as a little OC although as the story progresses they're more fleshed out.

Enjoy :)

= As of January 2019, this story is ON HOLD, and so it will be picked up once some of the on-going stories are finished. =

xxxxxxxxxx

Rating: Mature

Tags: Sexual content, Camping, Mutual pining, Friendship, Friends to Lovers, Fluff and smut, Angst, Humor, Emotional hurt/Comfort, Canon divergence

xxxxxxxxxx

Scott has been aware of the banshee's feelings towards his best friend for a while now. Of course he knew something was up between Stiles and Lydia before, but neither of them would really open up or do something about it, so Scott figured they were just teasing; god knows they both love that.

But he really noticed it in one of the many afternoons the pack had been spending at Derek's loft lately, as Lydia's heart skipped a few beats when Stiles accidentally bumped into her; she even blushed, only Stiles didn't see it because his phone dropped to the ground and he was hurriedly trying to pick it up, and then Malia came into the room and led Stiles to the couch with her. If Scott remembers correctly, Stiles didn't even apologize to Lydia or helped her pick up the books she'd been carrying and that were now on the floor, where they had fallen along with his phone.

Lydia, who had frozen on the spot, was trying to find somewhere to look at but at the boy she started to have feelings for long ago, obviously failing at the attempt. He was curled up on the couch with Malia sitting on his lap, whispering in his ear god knows what. It made Lydia sick to her stomach, but she always tried her best to keep her emotions hidden.

But Scott noticed.

He could see the turmoil in her eyes, though she wouldn't show it in her features. In a second, he was next to Lydia helping her pick up her things and offering to walk her home. She didn't hesitate to accept.

Since the whole Deadpool thing three weeks ago, life in Beacon Hills had been relatively calm. Still, Derek offered the loft for the pack to hang out since they were stronger in numbers, and since then everyone would occasionally stop by and do their own thing. Some would read while others would train. Sometimes, they would all play some games or watch a movie and have some fun. Even the Sheriff or Melissa would make an appearance to make sure everything was okay.

On that afternoon Lydia had been reading and translating the bestiary with Scott and Derek's help, while the others were in another room having some stupid argument about what they wanted to have for dinner, with Derek screaming at them every other minute because they argued every single time. It was when Stiles came to tell Scott and Lydia what the others had agreed on that he'd bumped into her.

She was already suffocating from all the PDA that Stiles and the werecoyote insisted on shoving down everyone's throats (which really wasn't all that much but it sure seemed like it to the banshee), so when Scott offered to walk Lydia home she gladly accepted. She was not even sure if Stiles had seen them leave.