S2 Ep5 Forecast of power

Platinum jewelry's Pov

Platinum was taking an elevator to his office talking to himself. He was a unicorn with a grayish white coat, and a short light blue mane with dark gray eyes. "*big sigh* Raising a child never gets easier. Especially if my child has a mental defect." He mumbles with a bit of anger in his voice. He comes to the top floor and his receptionist greets him. "Greetings sir, welcome back. I would like to inform you about someone's arrival sir." They said, nervously adjusting their glasses. "*annoyed groan* Who is it?"

"He said his name was Calico."

"I'll see him right away." Platinum says quickly. He walks past them and shuts the door. He walks through the office with caution. His office was a dark and gloomy room with curtains covering the windows and a large desk in the middle. "You never gave me any notice that you were coming." He said in a whisper. Calico oozes down from the ceiling. He forms a smile in his dripping body. "Well, I currently have a little problem." Platinum looked at the dissolving dragon with disgust. "What happened?" He asks in with distaste. Calico drops to the floor and forms into a deformed version of himself. He looks boney, but there weren't any bones to speak of. "A long story. You know why I'm here don't you Platinum?" Platinum was at a loss for words. He wanted to know more about what Calico had become. But all Platinum could think of is what the malformed dragon wanted. He regained his composure and said, "You want more money to rebuild after your little fiasco with the Heart family?" He asks with sarcasm. Calico growled at him. "I thought so." Platinum smirked. "The boss wasn't exactly happy with your failure to extract their soul magic, or with using children as a tool. I for one don't care about that fact, but the boss isn't happy about that one." He says, squinting his eyes. "If Black heart hadn't been there I would have extracted the soul magic!" Calico scowled. Platinum sat at his desk and pulled out a giant book of financial transactions. He traced his hoof till he found Calico's pages.

"Speaking of which... where is Black heart at the moment?" Platinum coldly asks. Calico then forms a small smile on his face. "Hehehe, he's currently waiting outside." he smirks. "*a little angry* And you would trust a pony who in the past has betrayed you many times?" Platinum asks, gritting his teeth. Calico made his way towards the curtains and moved them slightly. He gestured Platinum to come over. The Stallion got off his chair to see what Calico wanted him to see. He pointed down at the streets to an alleyway across from the building. Black heart was sitting right next to a dumpster staring at the building. "He won't leave. I know where his family lives, so I have him around my *puts claw to Platinum's neck* claw." Calico said in a low growl. Platinum remained calm and didn't react to the claw inches away from his neck. "That may be the case... but your little operation took a lot of money to get running." Platinum went back to his desk and read out Calico's financial history. "1,000,000 bits to set up the cavern, 800,000 bits to recruit guards, 550,000 to get the necessary equipment for your alchemic endeavors. And not to mention 5,000,000 bits to get your claws some vials of soul magic which you lost by the way." Platinum said, raising his voice. Calico Squinted his eyes and bared his fangs. "I can get more. Just give me a few days to squeeze it out of Black heart!"

"He's getting desperate, just like the high dreamer said."

"Alright, but if you fail this time... you'll just be a fuel source, but only as a last resort so you have plenty of time to reflect on how you failed." Platinum threatens. The dragon bares his teeth and slams the desk with his hands, spreading ooze in every direction and in platinum's face. He flinched as the ooze hit his face. "If you could please not dirty up my coat that would be wonderful." He grumbled. Calico slowed his breath and absorbed his ooze back. "My apologies. I don't know what came over me. *Stands up straight* Now let's get back to business. What do you need me to do to regain good faith with the high dreamer?"