S1 Ep7 Scaling Conflict part one

Sky's Pov

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkness surrounded the little griffin. He was scared... alone... hopeless...... "Hello!" He called out to the endless darkness. No response. "Is someone there?" He called. Still no response. Sky felt a chill on his spine. "Sky." A gentle voice called out freaking sky out. He started to run into the endless void of darkness. He ran until he was exhausted. "Is it gone?!" He thought.

He was breathing heavily, his legs wanting to collapse. He felt lightheaded and was starting to see stars "Don't worry Sky. I'll always be there for you. You and your new family." The voice called out again. Sky recognized the voice now. "MOM!!" He yelled. "PLEASE DON'T GO!!" He chased after the voice until he fell again from the exhaustion. "Please don't go... again." He whimpers curly into a ball crying. He then closes his eyes, bawling his eyes out. "Why does this keep happening?" He whimpered.

Sky then hears something. "Little apples falling down falling down... little apples falling down... my little pony." (*snickers*)

He opens his eye to see a blurry figure. He wipes his tears to see.

It was him... but younger, 10 years younger. Sky walked towards his younger self and reached out. The little griffin turned around making the older version flinch. His eyes were on fire. "Why didn't you save them."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aaaahhh!!" Sky woke up from his nightmare. He was sweating like a cowgirl after bucking apples. "You okay sky?" Somepony asked. Sky looked around the grotto to find Aukie next to him, looking worried. "Yeah...... yeah I'm fine. Just had a nightmare that's all." Sky whispered to not wake up the others that are still asleep. Aukie deadpans at Sky. "Yeah, I'm not buying it." She said. "You can tell me Sky. What's bothering you?" She asked. "It's nothing... I just miss my mom."
"I understand missing your mom. My parents divorced when I was 9." She said wiping her eyes full of tears. "*sniff* I still miss her." Aukie whispered. The young griffin has a look of empathy. Aukie smiled and nodded a thank you to sky. "We should get back to sleep. Need all the energy to make it to the mountains." Aukie yawned. Sky nodded in agreement and laid back in his sleeping bag. He drifted off to sleep and hoped that things would go smoothly. But couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to go wrong. (If only he read the episode title.)

The next morning

Sky woke to everyone packing up, he stretched his arms and yawned. "Finally woke up huh?" The older griffin jokingly said. Sky looked over to the griffin sitting on top of a stump. He had white coat that could rival snow for most winter looking being. He was filing his talons which Sky never got. "So how's our little stowaway?" He said looking at sky. Sky didn't like to be called that, but he knew it was true. "The stowaway is doing fine... and he would like to be left alone." He replied, a little annoyed. Arctic complied and left Sky alone.
"Morning sky." Thunder said cheerfully. "Morning." Sky responded. Thunder sat down next to sky as he was getting up. Sky looks at his brother's cheery mood. He raises an eyebrow and asks "what's gotten you so happy? I'm used to seeing you all nervous." Thunder has a dopey smile on, he then looks to the sky above. "I'm just so happy... we're almost done. We can finally have enough money to pay the bills for a while."
"Then when we get home... you could look for a job." Sky said wrapping up his sleeping bag. Thunder was sweating at this, he seems to not like that idea. Sky put his sleeping in the big wagon, turning back to see Thunder a little nervous. He walked up to his brother and asked, "what's gotten you so nervous all of a sudden?"
Thunder didn't respond. "Thunder...... Thunder... THUNDER!" Sky yelled. Thunder was startled by Sky's yelling. "Yes... Sky. What is it?" Sky looks a little irritated "I asked what's gotten you so nervous? You were happy just a moment ago." Thunder bit his lip. Sky slowly moved closer to him. The young griffin was trying not to startle the anxious unicorn.