The Wonder of You

Ralph escorted Henry to his red diesel car.

"Wow Ralph you have a really nice car!" Henry said while sitting in the comfortable passenger's seat.

"Yeah my parents bought it for me for my 17th birthday." Ralph said while gripping the steering wheel.

"My parents would never buy me a nice car like this....or a car for that matter."

"Well, maybe they're planning to buy you a car for your 18th birthday, as a surprise gift?" Ralph didn't mean for it to sound like a question, but he knows that it's very if-y.

"Tch. Probably not." Henry watched Ralph back out of the parking lot.

"Woah you even have a screen that shows you what's behind, that's so cool!"

Ralph felt his face heat up. Yup, he's a spoiled rich kid, but he can't help it, he not only enjoys it, but his parents love him very much...even if they dont love each other too much. They insist on buying him things for his 'good behavior'. Luckily he's not in a Margaret situation because they do spend lots of time together. Even if it's not his parents spending time together. It's not that they hate each other, they've just fallen out of love, nothing will change...right?

Ralph finally got out of the school grounds and started to go onto the streets.

"I feel like it's too quiet in here, I'll play some music."

Ralph turns on the radio, and it immediately starts off with a love song.

"Haha Hopelessly Devoted to You, a classic!"

Henry turned to Ralph in surprise.

"I never striked you as the romance music type."

"I'm not, I just like listening to cheesy romance songs to make fun of them." Ralph said unconvincingly.

But Baby, can't you see there's nothing else for me to do

"Like that line, there's so many other things you could do if you're in love with somebody, other than just sitting around waiting for them!" Ralph said, trying to come up with something to complain about. Their ocean eyes never leaving the road.

"Yeah, imagine being that hopeless, I mean that's the name of the song but, all you can do is sit around and wait for them, they really weren't lying when they said hopeless."

But now there's nowhere to hide since you pushed my love aside. I'm out of my head. Hopelessly devoted to you.

"Like if they rejected you, then just move on. I know it won't be easy but jeez you can't be hopelessly in love with someone who just pushed your love aside. Meet new people, try new things, y'know?" Henry interjected.

"Mhm, tell 'em" Ralph said, waiting to yield.

Once the song finished, another love song started to play.

"Why is this station the first one you opened to? You listen to love songs a lot huh?"

"I told you already, I just like to make fun of them, I'm just a lil hater."

"More like a tall hater."

"HAhaha shut up!" Ralph said, giving Henry a playful nudge before putting his hand back onto the wheel.

The song finished and another cheesy love song came on.

"BAHAHAHA no would ever say that! Like 'you make me feel like i'm so high I could almost fly' BAHAHAHAHA those lyrics are so bad, oh my god!" Henry said, making fun of those trashy lyrics that a kindergartener could come up with.