I go hungry

[TW: eating disorders, injuries, and foul language]

One week ago

Ralph was pacing around his room, hyping himself up for his date with Henry on Saturday night. "Date with Henry, this will be fine! I got this, it'll be great, i'll look-"

Ralph walked past his mirror. Mirrors were always distracting, he hated looking at them, but he couldn't ever get his eyes off of them. He walked to his mirror and just stared at himself.

"I'll look awful.."

Ralph balled his hand up into a fist. He wanted to punch the mirror, no matter how hard he tries to put on muscle, he still has the same thin figure staring back at him. Maybe his eating habits weren't the best, but that wasn't his fault...was it? If he eats too much that'll mean he'll gain weight, he doesn't want to gain fat, he wants to gain muscle. Margaret keeps telling him Henry isn't attracted to sticks, but he's not trying to be a stick, he's trying to be lean, for Henry. He wants to be Henry's perfect boyfriend.

Ralph sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair, he needs to do something about his looks, he's going on a date with Henry for crying out loud. Ralph looked at his hair, he was never insecure about it, because it was one of the only things he got compliments on. Yeah recently he started growing out his hair, to try some sort of mullet, and to be honest, he thinks Henry totally digs his mullet.

Ralph realized he doesn't have much time before his date with Henry on Saturday night, Ralph can't just waste his day staring at the mirror, and criticizing his looks all day. Ralph opened his closest, and took out his work out clothes, and his boxing gear. He headed downstairs and filled up his water bottle and took the car keys. He made sure he had his wallet on him, that had his permit in it. He stepped into the car, and started to drive to the gym.

Once he made it there, he met Margaret at the entrance. The two every few days go to the gym together, they would go everyday if Margaret wasn't so busy going on a thousand and one dates with Gurinder.

"Took you long enough," Margaret groaned.

"Sorry I got distracted" Ralph gave a nervous chuckle and rubbed the back of his head.

"Tch, with the mirror again huh?"

Ralph jumped in surprise, how did she know?

"W-what?"

"Nothing, c'mon lets go"

Margaret grabbed Ralph's arm and ran inside. Margaret immediately went over to the weight lifting dumbbells. Ralph followed her lead to the dumbbells, and picked up a 25lb dumbbell, with some struggle.

"You got this, this time, i believe in you"

Ralph gave her an unsure look as he attempted to lift it, he did, with some struggle. He couldn't do it for long, but he ended up doing it nonetheless. Margaret cheered him on, embarrassing him a bit, before he put it down.

"I think I'm going to try 30lb" Margaret said, as she lifted a 30lb dumbbell.

Ralph smiled, but couldn't help but feel a bit jealous that Margaret was stronger than him. They both equally work hard at the gym. Hell, Ralph went to the gym more than Margaret and she was better than him.

Margaret put down her dumbbell and looked at Ralph. "Ya jealous huh?" Margaret snickered.

Ralph raised his hands defensively at the accusation. "Whaaat? NO! no. What makes you say that?"

Margaret raised an eyebrow. Ralph sighed in defeat, Damn it why can't he just have just a little confidence in his body.

"Alright...It's just you're so cool already, and you're so strong, and I feel like we both work equally as hard, how are you so much better than me?"