What I'd Give to Take it All Back

Henry stared up at the ceiling. He stayed another night at the hospital, and he already wanted to leave. He wished he was healed and good to go, he hated how itchy the cast was. He hated feeling his face and wincing when he touched any bruises. He felt pretty lonely being in his room with no entertainment, and no one to talk to. The only person he feels like talking to, can’t even see him, because he, himself is injured. 

Henry sighed, he wished at least Al, or Peter could visit him. He has fun talking to them sometimes. But he doubts Peter would come and not his parents, and Al has no idea that this happened. Henry shot up when he heard a knock on his door. His excitement immediately went away, only to realize it was a nurse to take out his IV. 

Henry finally got his IV out, he was pretty happy about it, he hated it, It just caused inconveniences to him. He stared up at the ceiling, in complete boredom. The nurse was about to leave the room but before she left she turned to Henry. 

“Are you feeling ready for visitors?” 

Henry quickly nodded his head, he wanted to see someone now, he wouldn’t know what to do if he doesn't see another human being in the next hour or so. He knew he was going to see his parents today though, knowing he’s going home today. 

The nurse smiled, and left. Henry hoped someone other than his family would come to see him. He stared at the ceiling, seems like that was his source of entertainment these past few days.

He was there for about twenty minutes, before he got his first visitors. But the visitor was someone he definitely wasn’t expecting. New day, New people right? He was very thrown back at the pink haired 6’ 0 girl that walked through the door. 

“Margaret?!” 

“Hey.” 

She walked over towards him and let go of the ‘get better soon’ balloon. Henry watched as the balloon hit the ceiling. 

“What do you want? Something to tell the school about? To laugh at me for getting beat up? To tell me I'm the definition of ‘uselessness’?” 

Margaret cringed, was she really that mean in primary school? She sighed as she took a seat next to Henry’s bed. 

“How are you?” She asked with genuine concern. It really confused Henry, she got so much better at acting, that’s crazy how real she seems. 

“Just answer me this. What. Do. You. Want?” 

“Alright it seems like you really don't want me here, but I want to take this moment to tell you how sorry I am, for the way I treated you in primary  school, and junior high. I just found it fun to push your buttons, because I was just so good at it.” 

Henry thought she seemed too happy at the last part, but shrugged it off. She just wants to know what happened, and tell her friends about it, that's it, there is no way she’s actually concerned for him. No way, she isnt a compassionate person, and she definitely isn't empathetic. 

“Tch, whatever..” 

“You don't believe me don't you?” 

What the hell it's like she’s reading my mind right now, ugh she's so annoying. Can't she tell that she isn't wanted here? 

“Look, I understand you’re not happy with me, but I'm apologizing, and you don’t have to forgive me but I want you to see that I've changed since primary school. I’m happier now, I’ve got a girlfriend, I have more friends, I-” 

“Good for you, you have your whole life put together!” 

“Is everything alright Henry? You’ve just seemed more down lately, I just wanted to know. You used to be so...happy.”