"We just got married. There's more stuff to be done now."

"Then at least let me take the load off your shoulders. You spent all this time building this beautiful foundation for your family."

"I was starting to lose hope, you know? It hurt so much because I wanted it so bad. I felt like I was starting to lose pieces of myself. I don't know what I'd have become without you, Harper. You saved me in so many ways."

Harper's eyes begin to burn and she blinks her tears away.

"I love you." Her lips brush his, exchanging breaths.

"I love you."

Harper kisses Yoongi as his body presses against hers. Realization slowly fills him.

"Fuck." He says breathlessly, dropping his head.

"What?" Harper looks at him, picking his head up to read his expression.

His eyebrows are pinched together as he licks his lips. The eye contact pushes adrenaline through his veins, exciting him.

She feels it in less innocent places, feeling the skin to skin contact. Something that they've never experienced with one another. Something that they've done very well to mitigate.

Maybe a late realization or close call here and there. But for the most part, they've done well.

"It's okay." Harper says quietly.

Her fingers thread into his hair, massaging his scalp and lightly tugging at the roots. Her nose brushes his and his lips part to welcome hers.

Instinctual, this has become for them. Accepting each other's presence, their soft gestures of love.. adoration.

Yoongi looks her in the eyes as he inhales. He reads them, misunderstanding nothing. He exhales through his nose, closing his eyes as Harper kisses him.

Harper's lips softly find their place on his. She pulls him closer when the tension in his shoulders relax.

Yoongi's hand caresses her thigh, pushing it up as he nestles himself comfortably in between again. He feels the heat radiating from her sex. 

And when he sheathes himself inside, it's like their first time all over again.

Their pupils dilate, their eyebrows pinch the slightest bit. Their lips part as their throats suddenly run dry. Harper's grip on Yoongi's arm tightens with each inch of length. She moans an exhale of euphoric relief when he rests.

They take a beat, taking time to calm their nerves and feel one another.

With no barrier, with no restriction, Yoongi and Harper become one in their most intimate space.

One of their rawest moments of tenderness.

•••

Yoongi stares at his wife's sleeping body as she rests.

It was a long day for her. She woke up not very well-rested. Onyx had come into their room for another night. Except this time, he was crying and inconsolable.

He didn't want to sleep in his room at all. He didn't care about the night lights being on, he didn't care about having his favorite blanket or stuffie.

Onyx didn't want to be in the dark at all. Not even in his parents' room.

This led to Harper having to quickly whisk him from their bed before he woke Yoongi up. They slept in the living room on the couch with the lights on.