Chapter 15: Broken Senju

"I-It was about time you woke up... g-granny" Oh no, not again, she couldn't let it happen again, she wouldn't let it happen again. The blood in her hands was bothering her, begging for her to look away, she tried to ignore it, blood wouldn't be much of a bother if she managed to keep it inside him.

But it was so hard, between his sudden spasms and that awful gurgling sound he made choking on his own blood "W-Why don't you get that look off your f-face, I'm n-not-" She had to force him to shut up as she kept working on his injuries, the bastard had gotten him good, he was only alive because of his amazingly strong life force but he wouldn't be if she didn't fix it soon.

"G-Granny?" She had to get it together, she stopped healing and focused on the blood again, it took over, it brought back memories and it stopped her from helping him but how? How is she supposed to stop his bleeding if she can't focus?!

ARGH!

With a strong kick to the face Tsunade was sent flying away from the now - once again - bleeding form of Naruto, courtesy of Konoha's newly found traitor and a big pain in the ass, she still couldn't focus on anything else but the boy she could see now laying on the floor motionless, eyes closed and body oozing with blood.

'HOW DID IT COME TO THIS?'

A week ago

Naruto and Jiraiya had left the village and resumed their travel not long after hitting a dead end, it was good that they now at least knew Tsunade had moved to a different place but still... The perverted Sannin couldn't help the feeling that it was him who was the issue, that it was because of him that she kept running away, he wanted so desperately to believe it because that would mean...

That would mean that he mattered to her.

"Cheer up Ero-sennin, we're going to find her in the next town and then I'll have her fix bushy brows and Neji." That comment got a chuckle out of him, in the short time that they've been getting to know each other Naruto has always been able to lighten up his mood at least a little, his unwavering faith on the outcome of their mission made him hopeful, if only he weren't so afraid that Naruto would be disappointed.

Yes Tsunade is without a question the best medic alive in the world but, she is no longer the person that earned such a title. She is still Tsunade Senju of course, just watered down into a version of her former self, a depressed and alcoholic one and even worse than that, scared of blood. How in the world is she going to heal someone in a situation as delicate as Lee's without the ability to see blood and not fall into a shock?

Jiraiya feared this might not only break Lee, but Naruto along with him. 'I better not get too distracted, wouldn't want the brat to notice something's wrong, at least not yet'

"Say Naruto... would you like to learn a new jutsu?" Nothing better to cheer yourself up than being swayed by Naruto's eagerness to learn, the boy had matured and grown a lot but he would still get all excited about learning new stuff, his jumping around made it even more interesting, besides, it's about time he learns the jutsu, it is his father legacy after all.

Naruto - of course - said yes and watched as Jiraiya seemed to be looking for something in the scroll he carried around, he knew that to be the place where Jiraiya stored most of his things so he could only imagine what super awesome tool the toad sage would be using to teach him that new jutsu. What he ended up receiving left him a bit... underwhelmed.

With a deadpan and very confused expression on his face Naruto said "What am I supposed to do with this Ero-sensei?" and Jiraiya could only chuckle, he was still being called names but appreciated the distinction when he taught something to the blond Uzumaki.