Chapter 2: Repercussions

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto does.

---

Sakura couldn't remember the trip from Nami back to Konoha, she couldn't remember anything after Sasuke's death to be honest, she was so emotionally exhausted her body was working purely on instinct. Her mind felt… 

Numb.

Numb was the best way to describe it, she had thought so much about everything and nothing at all after Sasuke's death that now she couldn't force herself to think anymore. 

Is this what grief feels like? Maybe; she had heard everyone grieves differently, maybe this was her way of dealing with things, not thinking.

Denial?

It's really hard to describe what's going on through her mind, If there was something going on through her mind. That's probably why she hasn't spoken at all since Sasuke's final words after giving Naruto his eye, now that she actually starts to think about it, she didn't say anything back then, not even goodbye. 

She was so shocked about everything she couldn't find it in herself to say goodbye to the person she loves. 

~

The Hokage was half listening through his Elite jounin's report, he's a shinobi after all and shinobis must be able to multitask, so even if he looked like he wasn't really paying attention to him, everyone would be able to tell he was focused on two things at the same time, one of those things clearly was Kakashi's retelling of the events transpired in his team's C-rank turned A-rank mission. 

To say the Hokage was already preparing himself to give the gravity-defying silver-haired Jounin an earful about his questionable decision making was an understatement; that could definitely wait, currently, he was more aware of the two genin in front of him looked and he was very very aware of the lacking member in the room.

Sarutobi Hiruzen hasn't go senile, he's perfectly able to interpret what the absence of one of his Genin and the looks on the other two meant, that didn't mean he wanted to accept it, but it had to be done, if appereances were to be believed. 

Konoha's last loyal Uchiha was Killed In Action.

His head was already starting to hurt just thinking about this. 

It wasn't long after the old Hokage's musing that Kakashi finished his retelling of the story including Sasuke's death much to the chargrim of the old Hokage and his hidden ANBU guards all throughout the room, those were shocking and concerning news, not much that could be done now. 

Hiruzen sighed "Naruto-kun, Sakura-chan. You're both dismissed" Sarutobi had half a mind to check on both of them later. 

Both genin started to leave but a hand on Naruto's shoulder stopped him from leaving, he looked up to see that hand belonged to his Jounin-sensei. 

"Hokage-sama, can you please have the ANBU leave and activate the silencing seals in the room? There's something important we need to discuss." 

The Hokage was taken aback by the request but complied either way. With a quick wave of his hand four masked figures showed themselves in the room and then left through the door.

The Hokage then performed some quick hand signs and the corners of the room glowed a light purple before quickly going back to normal. 

Naruto was memorized, he could recognize this was the work of fuinjutsu, what his clan was the most good at, he never really paid any interest to it because he thought it was boring; what would he know about something like that?