Chapter 4: Team 7

-4 Months before the Chunin Exams-

"GAI-SENSEI!"

"LEE!"

"GAI-SENSEI!"

"LEE!"

"GAI-SENSEI!”

"LEE!”

Naruto was very excited to meet the super awesome sensei that is supposed to train him today. He apparently knew the Uzumaki Taijutsu style better than anyone in the elemental nations.

His expectations were high.

Which is why he was a bit worried when the training grounds he walked into suddenly turned into a beautiful sunset on a shore with two green-clad shinobi hugging each other very tightly.

"What the f-"

"OH! You must be Naruto-kun, Kakashi said you'd be joining us this youthful morning."  The older one from the identical looking pair spoke up, swiftly interrupting Naruto's rather unyouthful remark before it could be said. He was a tall man with the biggest brow's Naruto had ever seen and a prominent bowl-cut.

"U-Uh yes, are you Maito Gai?" Asked a very confused Naruto. He was pretty sure this was a cruel joke Kakashi played him; he was already planning his revenge. Just as Naruto was asking his question, a pretty girl with two hair buns followed by a boy with long hair and big pearl white eyes walked in the clearing.

The man puffed out his chest in pride, "Indeed I am. Konoha's best Taijutsu specialist at your service!"

"These are my youthful students!" Gai started pointing at the three young shinobi beside him, instructing them to introduce themselves.

"YOSH!" Came an unexpectedly loud voice. "MY NAME IS ROCK LEE, KONOHA'S BEAUTIFUL GREEN BEAST, IT IS NICE TO MEET YOU, NARUTO-KUN!" Proclaimed the green-clad genin as he shook Naruto's hand vigorously.

The pretty girl, seemingly unbothered, walked out to him next" Hi! My name is Higurashi Tenten, my father runs a shinobi store, you should stop by sometime." She said, smiling warmly.

The last Genin just scoffed at Naruto and walked away to train in some weird fighting style Naruto couldn't recognize.

"What's up with him?" Naruto had half a mind not to start a random fight out of nowhere but that boy's attitude made him wanna punch his face very hard.

"Don't mind Neji, he's just a bit impolite." Not even Tenten seemed convinced by her own explanation of his attitude.

Naruto muttered quietly under his breath, "Somebody better take that stick out of his ass 'ttebayo…" Before turning to look at the man who was going to be teaching him soon.

After exchanging some pleasantries, the two other genin of - the now revealed- team 9 left to join their teammate in his training so Naruto and their sensei could talk about whatever it was he needed.

Naruto looked at Gai in excitement, "Is it true you know the Uzumaki Taijutsu style better than anyone Gai-sensei?" He asked.

The man in question flashed the brightest smile Naruto had ever seen and gave the boy his Nice-guy pose. "Indeed I do, young Naruto!" The Jonin exclaimed proudly once more.

Naruto brushed off the feeling, focusing solely on how exciting it is to learn his family's style, he didn't care if the man teaching him was a bit eccentric.

To be fair, his own sensei reads porn in public all the time.

"Thank you for agreeing to teach me dattebayo!" Naruto gave the man a warm smile and a polite bow.