Hawks x reader (request)

Your POV

I wake up to a beeping sound. It sounds like a heart monitor. What happened? I think for a second processing the day. Oh right me Ryuko and miruko were fighting a villain.

That one villain hero killer attacked me from behind. He got me pretty good. Luckily I was able to dodge him after he slashed me. One more hit and I for sure would have been dead. I must have passed out from blood loss.

I open my eyes. Ryuko is holding my hand slowly falling asleep she notices that I've woken up. "Thank goodness you're awake. I thought you'd never wake up. You were out for a few days. I did my best to be here when you woke up." Ryuko says. "Thanks for staying by my side. Are you okay you didn't get hurt did you? Is Miruko doing okay?" I ask. "I'm okay just a few cuts after you passed out Miruko lost her shit and almost killed him on live TV. The cops showed up right before she could land a fatal blow. So he got off easy with the police taking him to jail." She says.

"Good I'd hate for anyone else to suffer." I say. "By the way someone else has been coming here everyday." She says. "Who?" I ask. "They'll be here any minute. I'm gonna go find a nurse to tell them you're finally awake." She says getting up from her seat. "Okay." I say.

I hear running down the hallway. Keigo slams the door open out of breath. He quickly comes up to me sits on the bed and hugs me tight. I hug him back. "Thank you for staying by her side Ryuko." Keigo says.

"Anything for (Y/n). She's precious and one of a kind so be careful and gentle with her." She says. "I will." He says. With that being said she takes her leave. "Thank God you're okay I don't know what I would have done with out you. Please don't be so reckless." He says. Keigo and I have been childhood friends but this feels different.

Like he means it more than a friend. "I promise I'll be more careful." I say. "Thank you. I can not go through that again. I can't lose you." He says. "You're being so affectionate today more than usual." I say. "(Y/n) I know it may not be obvious but I love you more than anything. More than a friend no matter the number of years we've been friends. If it did matter I've loved you for days years and decades. When I say I love I mean it from the depths of my heart." He says.

I look at him stunned. In awe of his words I blush. "Keigo I love you too so very much with everything in me." I say. He kisses my forehead then we kiss passionately. He pulls away.

"Get some rest love you'll need it to recover faster." He says. He gets off the bed and sits in the chair Ryuko was in. He holds my hand. "I will never let anything like that happen to you ever again. I will protect you with every second of my life." He says with a soft smile. "I'll do the same for you so don't do anything too reckless either." I say.

"I'll do my very best." He says. I can't believe our relationship has become something greater. I never thought me and Keigo would be together. He kisses my hand and I close my eyes. This is the best day ever even with the pain and agony I went through.

It was totally worth it in the end. I know our future will be bright.

End