Chapter 22 "Dreamscape"

Start from the beginning

"It's not that I don't want to go but I have a lot of work to do." I rebutted.

"I know that but that's why we hired assistants, remember?"

"That was your idea. You know I don't like making someone else do my work for me and besides our assistants would want to have a holiday break."

"Exactly! So do you! For God's sake, AJ... we all need a break sometimes. They are all having a good time since yesterday. Nobody is working on Thanksgiving. Aunt Carol already paid for our tickets, so I suggest that you don't put it into waste. Come on, get your tushies up and pack your bags."

"Fine."

"Good. There are a lot of lesbians out there. You might want to start looking for a girlfriend for once and maybe start moving out of this dark cold place that you and Sam lived for 5 years."

"Don't push it." I said irritably.

I got up and started packing my bags. Alastair said he will pick me up so I guess I'd have to leave my car keys.

I don't know what's gonna happen but I do hope that I'll have fun.

Five hours and twenty minutes later we got to California. It's bit hot in here. We checked in to our hotel that Carol booked for us.

"Oh look, I got a text from Aunt Carol. She said we should head out to a crab shack near the beach." Said Alastair.

"We just got here." I said in a tired voice.

"Come on! This is gonna be fun! I'm starving!"

"Can we go change first and freshen up a little?" said Greg butting in.

"Great idea! You have a point. Let's change into our most handsome fresh look." said Alastair enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes and went to our designated rooms. Of course, I am alone. My aunt knows me so well. I don't want to be bothered by screaming lesbians talking about the girl they made out with.

I opened my bag and searched for something to wear.

Hmm... What should I wear? I'm on vacation so I think a navy blue sleeveless shirt topped with a white polo opened up will do plus my beach shorts and my sandals. And of course, my trusty aviator. Can't leave without it.

I'm all set.

I went down to the hotel lobby to meet with Alastair and Greg.

"My, my, my... You look so handsome my dear sister. But I must say, I look more dashing. Am I right, Greg?" said Alastair making poses.

"R-right... Let's go ahead. I'm hungry for seafood." Said Greg.

We went to a crab shack near the beach front and immediately I can hear the loud voices of the girls. I sometimes call them skanks.

"My babies are here! You made it!" said Carol standing up to hug us all. "AJ, I thought you weren't coming."

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." I said smiling and hugging back my aunt.

"Indeed, my darling baby. Come and sit down. I'll order some more crab and beer."

This place is nice. It's much like the restaurant from a cartoon series spongebob squarepants. All the waiters and waitresses are wearing a pirate costume complete with an eye patch. I wonder if they could see through those. I hope nobody trips. I sat down between Alastair and Lizzy. I scouted the table to search for Jessie and Kristina but they are nowhere to be found.

"Looking for Jessie?" asked Lizzy.

I immediately looked at her with wonder. How the hell can she sense that? Was I that obvious? This girl is beginning to scare me.