Chapter 2-Alex Williams

Maths and French passed in a blur, and lunch was spent sharing old stories and playing truth or dare. Note to self: never ever play truth or dare with Jake. Jake's questions tended to lean towards the totally inappropriate side of it, and his dares were even more ridiculous. Sam actually had to stop the game after a while.

Gabriella and her gang were still shooting me death glares. They seemed to think I had the hots for Alex, but I'd never met the jerk for crying out loud! To my intense joy, Jake confirmed that Alex had biology with me this afternoon, I was on cloud nine. Note the dripping sarcasm.

Alice handed me an earphone, and I prepared myself for the blast it would sound like to my ears, but was confused when it sounded normal. I frowned and Alice turned up the music, wincing slightly. I took it out and made a face.

"Seriously Alice! I'm not deaf y'know! I've got pretty good hearing actually," I said, having had enough of the blast.

"Oh. That's good, so do I," she mumbled, looking at her food.

Matt was studying me carefully, and Sam was shooting Alice warning looks. It was all very strange. We all stood up, and began to split up to go our separate ways. I stayed just to throw my salad box away, and immediately wished I hadn't. It was just my luck that when I got to biology, I was there just as Gabriella started pouting at a seriously hot bronze-haired boy. I flushed when I realised that this must be the all-famous Alex.

Gabriella was ranting about something, when another girl came up to the class. Alex, clearly bored, turned is attention to her and began to flirt. I stared at him. This guy took jerk to a whole new level. Gabriella was as speechless as I was, and muffled a sob. I was frozen to the spot, unable to tear my eyes away from the scene. I rested my folder on my hip and watched.

"D'you know what Gabbie, we're over. I'm so bored of you, you pout and whine and are so selfish. You were a good laugh on a Friday night for a while, but jeez, talk about dull," he said cruelly.

The crowd gasped at Alex, and I guessed that the scream came from Gabriella. She left the mob of students, sobbing and alone. I would have comforted her, but she was just as much of a jerk as Alex. Ok, maybe not. Alex turned his attention to the other girl, and began his process again, before deeming her unworthy of his time.

Dr.Schmitz called us in, and everyone sat down in twos. I walked up to her desk and announced myself quietly. She smiled down at me and asked me what grade I had had in my GCSE. I replied proudly with an A, and she indicated a seat towards the back next to...oh great. Alex.

I plonked by bag down and moved my chair as far away from him as possible, I was not being caught in his web. He was like a spider, his looks his web, and the girls the flies. I ignored him as Dr.Schmitz began talking, and focused on what we were doing about cells. At her instruction, I stood up to grab a microscope and began to study the slides we had been given. I felt Alex watching me closely as I worked, and when I turned to look at the next one, I was surprised to see that he was actually working.

He looked up at me and smirked. Brushing his hair out of his eyes, he handed me the microscope. I took it silently, and slipped in my next slide. I certainly didn't have the hots for this jerk, I had seen first-hand what kind of stuff he got up to, and wasn't going to become one of his dolls.

"So," he said, breaking the silence, "Katia Brown, new girl hu?"

I turned my gaze to him and glared at him.

"So," I replied in the same tone, "Alex Williams, player and complete jerk hu?"

Alex stared at me, clearly not expecting my reply. I smirked at him and wrote down my next answer. As he opened his mouth to speak some crappy jerk stuff, I interrupted.