chapter twenty seven

DDOT HADN'T HEARD FROM HIS MOTHER IN A while, it was like she completely disappeared. no one had seen her anywhere. but her sudden disappearance didn't stop ddot from looking over his shoulder.

he still lived in constant fear of both him or aurora getting kidnapped.

the boy laid in his bed, the curtains shut as music played in the background. aurora laid next to him, curled up against him, sleep.

ddot was thinking, about many things. he wondered where everything went wrong. he thought about what if he gave up on aurora, where would they be now? would aurora be dead? would ddot die?

it all made him think hard about it. he remembered when he and aurora would simply hang out at the parks, or skip class to hang with each other, it was simple.

until the day aurora was killed. ddot was heartbroken, he was lost. everything broke, all he could think about was the times they shared.

when he was asked to speak at her funeral, he couldn't. the stares from all her friends and family made him nervous, what if they thought bad of him? thought it was his fault?

he had stuttered the entire time he spoke, before breaking down. everyone watched with tears sliding down their face when his friends, dd and notti had to take him off the stage because he was beginning to have a panic attack.

staring out the window, his eyes trailed every raindrop that slid down the glass, watching it disappear into the sill. aurora stirred next to him, her eyes slowly opening.

"darrien?" her raspy voice made him break out of his thoughts. "you okay?"

"mhm." he lied. aurora sighed, sensing the lie. she sat up, eyeing the boys face carefully. although his face held no emotion, you could see it in his eyes. he was stressed.

both of them were. everyday they fought for their lives, which they shouldn't do. they are teens after all.

"tell me what's on your mind?" she rubbed her hands through his curly hair, a soft smile on her face. she was honestly tired of the silk presses he kept getting, it annoyed the hell out of her.

"i jus wanna be done wit dis." ddot let his eyes connect with hers. aurora frowned. "it'll be over soon."

"how do we kno that? everyday somebody else is comin in our lives wanting to fuckin kill us. this shit should've ended a while ago." he snapped. aurora's face lifted into a mug. "dont fuckin snap at me darrien. i'm sorry that this is happening, it's not my fault."

"sure it isn't. all dis is happening cause you couldn't mind ya business."

"do you know how dumb you sound? my mother was abusing me since i was a child! you think it happened cause i killed some gang member?"

ddot didn't truly think it was her fault, he was just speaking out of anger. "i'm sorry rory."

"whatever." aurora spat, climbing out of the bed. ddot kissed his teeth and grabbed her wrist, trying to pull her back. "i'm sorry aurora. ian mean it."

"i said whatever. i gotta get ready, it's already late." she snatched her wrist out his hand, walking her way into the bathroom. ddot could only groan, throwing his head back.

he laid in bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. "get dressed darrien. we gotta go to kay & em house remember? they wan us to meet someone."

ddot groaned louder, dragging his body out the bed. he trudged his way to the bathroom, seeing aurora already holding his toothbrush in her hand. he thanked her, stepping behind her to brush his teeth.