chapter fourteen

DARRIEN AND AUBREE STOOD IN FRONT OF the doctor who stared at them weirdly. "i can't tell random people that information."

they had finally found his room & was now ready to question him. ddot rolled his eyes, "don't lie. jus tell us what we needa kno & we'll be out ya face."

aubree crossed her arms, eyeing the doctor.

"i-i'm sorry but i can't." ddot sighed, shaking his head.

aubree sent ddot a confused look after seeing his expression drop. ddot pulled out a gun, cocking it back. aubree gasped. "what the fuck!" she whispered snapped. the doctor gulped. "tell me what the fuck happened that night, or i blow your head right off your shoulders i swear to god." ddot sneers.

"o-okay." the doctor swallowed a lump in his throat, "the nurses brought in a male, said he had been shot numerous times. they had asked me to help perform the surgery, so i did. he survived."

"when we were setting up the boys room for when he was to come back to it, their was already a boy there. sitting in the chair, watching me. i had told him no visitors right now but he ignored me & continued to watch."

"after we set it up, the boy was brought to the room, the other boy still there."

"it was maybe like 4 hours later, i went back to check on him when the boy finally woke up, his name mekhi. he had told me his friend , who i assume was the boy watching us needed to speak to me. i nodded & went outside the room, the boy following me."

"he asked me to tell the two men downstairs that mekhi was dead, told me he'd pay me. a huge amount, so i agreed. i went downstairs where two boys stood, and told him he died. when i went back upstairs, he gave me a check & said he wanted to pay for the bill too. not only that, he wanted his name to not be in any blogs, or have any documents or proof mekhi was here, once again paying me. so i did what he asked. i hid all the files and proof of it." the doctor finished. "where did he discharge too?" ddot asked, grabbing his gun & putting it back where it originally was.

"i think he said CHICAGO?" the doctor said, before nodding, "yes he said chicago."

"thank you. tell anyone about this and i'll kill you." ddot threatens. doctor brown quickly nods. "o-of course."

ddot steps back and walks out the office, aubree behind him but not before she told the doctor a quiet sorry.

"are you crazy?" aubree snaps, grabbing ddot's shoulder. "their were better ways to approach this!"

"we kno mekhi's alive. we got what we needed, that's all that matters. are you going to chicago wit me?"

aubree nods, "yes."

"let's go. gotta get on the road now."

"wait n-now? what about your friends?"

ddot sighed harshly, before rubbing his hands down his face. "i don't wan them involved. either you help me or i do this shit on my fuckin own."

"i'll help. let's go get in the road." aubree mumbled. ddot sends a tight lipped smile before walking ahead of her.

BACK TO NOTTI.

notti frowned, locking his phone. it's been days since they've talked to ddot. "still no text back?"

"no. ion kno what to do bro. we need his help."

"do y'all think we're gettin anywhere?" cblu blurted. "i've been thinkin about it , and we've been stuck on one thing for the past week. how do we kno ddot's not ahead of us?"

notti shrugs. "if he is, i wish he would tell us. we could help."

"no we couldn't." dougie scoffed, "like blu said, we've been on the same thing for ah long ass time, if he's ahead of us, wit our help, we would've held his ass back. we needa think of something else. like finding out who owns the car that took aurora."

"how do we do that?" - "the cameras. i recognize that block, we pass it every day goin to school remember dd & notti?" jay questions.

dd nodded, "i do. it's cameras on every shop. one of them has to have a view of the license plate."

"once we get dat, we can hack into whatever we need to hack & figure out who owns it." jay smirks, leaning back in his seat.

--

DDOT TAPPED HIS THIGH as he stared out the window of aubree's car. "you scared or sum?" she asked, looking at him from the corner of her eye. ddot scoffed, "scared for wha?"

"i'm jus fuckin shocked. all dis shit is jus .."

"confusing? shocking? unbelievable? trust me, i get it. mekhi's alive, aurora may be alive. this is gonna sound crazy ddot but i think we're getting ourselves into something we shouldn't be involved in." aubree frowned, ddot titled his head, eyeing the girl. "fuck you mean?"

"think about it, aurora is gone, mekhi faked his death, lil murder is being framed for aurora's death, all of this leads back to catherine!"

"who is catherine?" ddot asked. "aurora's mother. she must've planned all of this. she had something to do with mekhi's death, i just know it."

ddot hummed. "youn understand ddot. catherine isn't just some old ass women who wants people around her to suffer. she's evil ddot. i'm serious.".

"what is she? like ah mafia leader." ddot snorted. aubree bit her lip, "not exactly. she has connections. dangerous ass connections."

"do you know why she hates mekhi?" aubree blurts. "nah why?"

"he stopped buying from her."

"buying what?" - "drugs. catherine sells drugs, that's where all these other big drug dealers get their drugs from."

"so she's a drug cartel?" - "basically." aubree sighed. "i hated what mekhi did. not because of him dealing to numerous gangs, but because of catherine. he originally got his drugs from her, buying from her all the time. when he finally found out how to start his own drug business, catherine got mad. wanted him dead because he started to take her customers. she was jealous ddot, jealous of everything mekhi had. the attention and love of aurora, all the money and customers he gained."

her grip on the wheel tightened. "she made everyone around him hate him. she told doa, that khi was fucking with oy, which made them resent him. they turned their backs on him."

"catherine is always watching ddot." aubree sternly said. "always. never forget that."

"i can't explain it ddot, but she's more dangerous then you think."

ddot sat quietly, letting it all sink in. he nodded, "coo."

"jus coo?!" - "yup. don't really care bout her. she'll die soon." he shrugged.

"what you'll kill her?" - "either me or someone else. gangsta."

"we have to kill catherine before she kills us ddot. she'll kill one of us before we even get close to touching her."

ddot just nodded, not really caring.

"so when we get to chicago, what's our next move?" aubree swallows, dropping the subject for now.

"look for mekhi. then we find out more of the truth. then jus maybe i'll involve notti and em."

ddot said , unlocking his phone and reading the group chat. they had texted him over 400 times, asking where he was at and what was going on. ddot swiped out of the thread & put them on mute, not wanting to see anymore.

"let's go look for mekhi." ddot smiled. aubree frowned as she stared at him. he was weird, acting different. she was concerned for him, and herself.

MISSDESIRAEEE WRITES.
don't really like dis chap but lemme know
how y'all feel ok?