chapter thirteen

ddot sat in his bedroom, the lights turned off. his bedroom door was locked, it had been locked for four days. four days since he's been avoiding his friends. ever since he found out what happened to mekhi he's been trapped in his room, papers all around him, the desperate need to solve the mystery.

he hadn't eaten in four days, his stomach grumbled, it almost hurt but yet darrien ignored it. he forced it away by smoking, he knew it wasn't good. smoking almost 3 times a day without eating? aurora would've killed him.

DARRIEN STARED AT THE DOCUMENTS. none of it made sense. he had called the hospital so many times, wanting to find out what was going on. was mekhi still alive? why was blove there?

his eyes moved at fast pace, reading the article. "this shit doesn't make sense." he mumbles. "why isn't mekhi's death day marked?"

usually, all new york murders could be found if you look up the name , day and how it happened. but mekhi's was no where to be found.

no trace of his death, almost as if it didn't happen.

groaning he rubbed his head, feeling a headache forming. he eyed his phone for 10 seconds before picking it up. he dialed a number he never thought he would dial.

"hey. i need your help." ddot said.

— time skip —

"so, what do you know so far?" aubree asked. ddot ignored her, he bit down on his lip harshly as he swiped on his phone quickly.

"what was the point of calling my to help you if you won't even talk? matter fact, why did you call me? i killed your friends brotherly figure. you should hate me."

"i do hate you. trust i do, but i can't go to my friends, plus ion give ah fuck about you. if sum was to happen, i'd rather it be you then them." ddot shrugged. aubree glared at him before scoffing. "whatever, now answer my first question."

ddot sighed, he couldn't tell aubree that the man she helped kill might still be alive, but how could she help if she didn't know?

"look, ima keep it real witchu. ion think mekhi's dead."

aubree laughed, she slapped her knee. "d-ddot you can't be serious." she stuttered, laughs escaping her mouth.

she stopped once she realized he wasn't laughing with her. "are you serious?"

"i don't know. i might be wrong but theirs no trace of mekhi's death. no news, no article. it's like it didn't happen."

"or someone paid someone else to not have it posted." aubree thought aloud. "what does this have to do with me?"

"i called the hospital, they said they couldn't tell me anything, because i share no relationship with him. i gotta plan."

"which is?" — "your his girlfriend of 3 years. you never got a call about your boyfriends bill and wanna kno what's the issue."

"so where do you come in?" aubree titled her head. ddot nodded, "while your distracting them, asking them questions, maybe makin ah scene, i walk past, flowers in hand. i picked the perfect time, it's visitation hours, nobody will question me."

"and i printed out a fake sticker." he said, showing the sticker. "you ask to use the bathroom which is right by the elevator, then you will tell me whatever needs to be known , i'll think of what to do next."

aubree nodded, "this is a smart move i'll admit. but how do we find out about why theirs no trace of his death?"

"i got that figured. now cmon." ddot simply said before hoping out her car , he gripped the flowers in his right hand as both he and aubree walked into the hospital.

"go. start the plan." ddot whispered. aubree inhaled before walking forward. she gulped , pushing her hair behind her ear.

"oh hello miss." the receptionists sent her a soft smile. "h-hi.. um my boyfriend passed, a very long time ago but it's been so long and i still haven't got a call about his bill. do you think you can look it up?"

"uh yea of course. what's your boyfriends name honey?"

"mekhi ..-" aubree dragged out, ddot snuck past the two. even though he didn't like aubree, he could say she was lowkey good at acting.

ddot calmly walked past doctors, flowers in his hand. he fake acted like he was looking for the floor and room number. once the doctors passed, he went into the family bathroom.

aubree now done with the receptionist, excused herself to use the bathroom and made her way by the bathrooms. "where the fuck did he go." aubree whispered. her eyes wandering around the hospital.

the family bathroom opened, a arm gripped aubree's arm, pulling her in. "bitch!" she exclaims.

"shut the fuck up!" ddot snapped, glaring at her. "tuh well excuse me bitch. you jus fuckin' snatched me up like i was yo bitch."

"i wouldn't even want yo ass to be my bitch. fuck i look like wanting to be set up?" he grits, a mug on his face.

aubree glared at him, slightly offended, before she sighed. "look. he told me some shit. i think you'll like this."

"what is it?"

aubree leaned against the sink, moving her hair behind her shoulders. "he told me that mekhi's name got removed almost as soon as it arrived. i asked him to look more into it, almost told me no but i had to flirt. promised his ass a date."

"and he agreed? knowin your comin to him bout ya nigga?"

"well he thinks he's dead so." she shrugged. "anyways, he said someone paid for his bill and for it to be removed from the system. a anonymous donor, no file of the persons name, he said the doctor that was with mekhi the day of his death, was the one to bring in the check. even put it in his self."

ddot frowned. "what else?"

aubree inhaled a harsh breath, "his original file doesn't say deceased. it says alive ddot."

ddot closed his eyes, "i was right." he whispered.

"what does this mean? who could've paid for his bill and file to be removed and paid for?" aubree voiced, she was confused. very confused.

"i don't know. but we can find out." ddot gave her a look. "the doctor." aubree noted.

"what's the doctors name?" — "doctor brown."

ddot smirked. he was close to finding out the truth. he was glad, and even shocked he was doing this all by himself. well if you include aubree.

MISSDESIRAEE WRITES.
hi y'all 😏.
y'all like the chap??