chapter twenty one

AURORA RESTED HER HEAD AGAINST THE cell bars. the cold soothing her headache. the thought of mekhi being alive still shocked her, she had ignored him for the past hour.

"can you talk to me aurora? please." he begged.

"you were alive this whole time?" aurora whispered. "you gotta understand ror-"

"understand what mekhi? i almost fucking died! you could've prevented that! you could've saved me from all of this!" aurora cried. "i've lost half of my life to bullshit drama! something you could've helped me avoid!" 

"i'm sorry." — "sorry isn't good enough." aurora snaps.

"i'm doing everything to protect you. you may not see it rory, but i promise you i am."

shaking her head she drowned him out with her thoughts.

"do you kno if ddot's lookin for me?"

"he always is. that's his fucking problem." catherine scoffed, walking into the two people eyesight.

"but that will all stop today." she smirks. "whatchu mean?" aurora asks, using the bars to stand up.

"don't you worry bout a thing pretty." catherine coos.

"we haven't had time to discuss mekhi, but it is such a pleasure to see you again." she walks over to mekhi who eyes her with hate. "fuck you wan?"

"i can let you out of here. on one condition."

mekhi looks over at aurora who was looking down at
the floor. "i'm listening."

aurora stayed quiet as she watched mekhi exit out the cell. she shook her head in disappointment.

mekhi gave her a look, "i'm sorry." he mouthed.

the girl sighed & looked off, ignoring the looks of the two. soon the door, could be heard opening and closing.

— time skip —

IT HAD BEEN ABOUT THREE HOURS, since mekhi exited the cell. aurora was confused. no one had came back to deliver him back, was he free? did they kill him for real now?

due to her body aching from the previous beating she received a while ago, she shakily stood back up, using the bars to support her. she had taken a nap, it was her first time waking up.

the lights in the basement flickered, making aurora concerned.

what made her even scared was the fact that her cell door was open. no one was near by.

nervously she limped out the cell, her head turning both ways as she watched for any movements.

no one was around making her sigh in relief. her body ached horribly, she couldn't walk much longer.

she held onto the wall as she limped her way up the basement steps. she made sure to listen out for anybody coming.

"where's catherine?!" she heard, making aurora pause in her steps. her heart beat began to increase, the voices were closer then she expected.

"no idea why?" another asked. "we're being attacked!"

"shit. let everyone know, we're going into lockdown!"

the loud sound of heavy feet running away were heard as aurora let out a breath.

she continued her walk up the steps until she was met with the already open door. upstairs looked a hot mess.

glass was everywhere, blood over the floor, it looked like they were at war. gunshots were heard throughout the warehouse.

aurora gulped & began limp-running. she spotted a gun in the floor, it being right next to a dead body.