Get The Guts (Chapter 2)

The next day came faster then I thought. I was walking down the school hallway, mindlessly avoiding Brian. I was so heartbroken and fed up. What was I doing? I should have skipped school, but I convinced myself, "Maybe today, he'll break up with you." What's the good of that?

I looked over from my locker to see Brian. He was laughing with his friends. He hadn't sent me a "good night" text last night, or a "good morning" text. He normally does those. This time, he didn't. Maybe he was too busy with Wendy.

I opened my locker . . . combination, 23-33-19. I looked in the mirror on my locker door, startled at who was standing behind me.

Wendy.

I turned around. She looked . . . tired. Like she had stayed up too late last night. Considering she hadn't known if she was pregnant or not, I'm not surprised. I glared at her.

"Hi," Wendy said. I say "hi" back in a very shy voice.

"So . . . what's up?"

I really didn't want to answer that. She knew exactly what was up.

"Nothing."

After a long, pregnant pause, she sighed.

"Listen, I just wanted to say, whatever happens...happens. Okay?" she said. I nodded.

I just can't believe this is happening. I knew exactly was was going on and I just wanted to

Brian began walking towards me. He hugged me. "Hey babe." He said. I was quiet.

"What's wrong?" he asked. I sighed.

"Hmm . . . I don't know, you tell me." I looked at him with a mysterious face. He smiled, laughing. "Why are you acting so . . . weird?"

I sighed, thinking for a second. Why would I deal with him? I should just break up with him right now. Just get it over with. I hated seeing everyone thinking I was the mindless girl whose boyfriend just knocked up a girl.

"I . . . I think we should break up," I said.

"What? No! Why?"

"You knocked up Wendy Lockhart! I saw you two at the Rite-Aid last night!" I slammed my locker. All eyes were on us. I didn't care, suddenly.

He shushed me. "Shh! I didn't do any of that stuff!"

"C'mon, Brian. Stop lying. Just go to your baby mama and have a good life." I turned around, storming away. I was so pissed and . . . kind of happy. I just got all that out. I walked into my first period, ignoring everyone's whispers. Did they all just see that?

Wendy was in my first period. I hate seeing her face. Before, not so much. Now. it was different. I wanted to hit her, but then I couldn't. The good thing is that her payback is getting pregnant.

She looked sick. I looked at the teacher, who was writing PROJECT DUE 5/25/11 on the whiteboard. I looked at her as she got up, and ran out of the room.

I rolled my eyes. I can't face this reality. I wanted to cry so badly. I wanted run far away from this room, all the way to anywhere but here. I just wanted to leave. But I can't. I just . . . can't. I have to suck it up and hold it back.

Someone walked into the door. Someone new. It was a tall, pale guy with shaggy light brown hair. His eyes were blue.He was wearing a black-and-white pale shirt, half buttoned up, over a black tank top, blue demin jeans, and a pair of black Vans. He walked in, and handed something to the teacher.

"You're new?" I overheard the teacher said. Suddenly the teacher, Mrs. Harber, clapped her hands together. "Everyone!" she yelled. "This is Miles Rivers." She said. "He's new here."  Everyone said "hello" nicely, including me, to him. He sat down in the only unoccupied seat, which was diagonally in front of me to the left. I smiled at him as he sat down.

Wendy walked in. She sat down in the seat farthest from me. I think she was . . . embarrassed. She'd probably have to continue the rest of the year as "slut" or "tramp", and the "slut" or "tramp" who wasn't careful enough.

Ugh. This is unfair on many levels.

After the period was over, Mrs. Kash, the counselor, stopped me. "Rory Jean, right?" she asked. I nodded. "Rory, could you please be a Blackvale Buddy to Miles? He doesn't know where any of his classes are and I'm really busy." She said.

I've been a "Blackvale Buddy" so many times before. All of the people I buddied are still my friends, but they've evolved onto their own cliques. They occasionally will say hi, but other then that, their history.

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged off. It might take my mind off Brian.

I turned around and saw Miles talking to Jim Rook, a boy who spends most of his time studying. "Yeah, I'll just give you a tip--do well." Classical tip from Jim, the boy who makes the honor roll every year and hasn't gone to one party his entire life. One real party. Not the ones where you play "Pin the shoe on Cinderella" or something.

"Uhm, you're Miles, right?" I asked. Miles turned around, giving me a half-smile. "Yeah, I am."

"I'm Rory. I'm supposed to be your 'Blackvale Buddy' or something. All I know is that I'm supposed to tour you around the school."

He nodded. "Sure, thanks." He said.

I began to tour him. It took about ten minutes, because each grade has their classes in one hall. "So that's it!" I told him. He nodded. "Thanks," he said. "See you later, Rory."

I smiled and we parted ways. I tried hiding the fact I wanted to bawl up and cry. But I'm holding in my feelings, and saving it for later. I could really use some comforting right now. Somewhere for me to go. If only.

MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR *READ*:

Hey guys! Sarah again. Well that's the chapter for today. I'm REALLYYYYY liking Wattpad now. It's so much fun and way more reason then, pshh, QUIZZILLA. I'll update frequently. Bye! Btw, an editor is needed. If you'd like to be my editor (fix my stories including spelling errors you notice, paragraph errors, ect.) PLEASE leave a comment below. Thanks guys :)