Erik x Nadir (Fluff)

I wanted to write about them but didn't know where to put it soooo here it is! Maybe one day I'll change this book so I can write about all of POTO in general
————————————————————————

   Erik sighs as he writes the finishing touches on his new letters to those idiot managers. He'll meet up with Madame Giry later to give her the notes. For now he must prepare for his friend's arrival.

   He adjusts his coat to make sure it's straight with no creases, and then a quick feel over his hair to make sure nothing is out of place. Erik takes off his mask to put on another one: a black mask to cover his entire face. It was a gift to him from Nadir many years ago, it's been so long he's not even sure of why it was gifted to him. Once he's done inspecting every inch of his outfit, the opera ghost grabs a book to read to pass the time.

He sits with his legs crossed on his couch in the living room, even while reading he looks regal. His eyes scan the words on the pages without actually taking in any of the information. His thoughts keep wandering back to the Daroga. Why on Earth is he taking this long?

   The silence in the house let's Erik's thoughts roam free. Terrible thoughts. Thoughts that only come out once there is nothing to stop them.
Is this finally the day Erik is alone forever? Has Nadir decided that being friends is no longer worth it even after everything they've been through? Has all the awful things he's done drove his friend away? Well who cares. Being alone is what an opera ghost deserves. It's been working out so far, there's no need for company...has Nadir left for a better life?

   The ringing of a bell takes all these thoughts and puts them away for another time. The bell indicating someone has made their way down into these dark chambers where only nighttime can exist. A small smile forms on Erik's face, Nadir has finally shown up.

   There's only a few more moments of silence until a loud knock hits the door, then an eerie creak as the door opens. The familiar sounds of the Persian's footsteps echo in the lair. They stop once the man stands in front of his dear friend.

   "How rude."

   Erik speaks with a hidden grin. Nadir chuckles softly, "Sorry, I got distracted while talking with Darius."

   "It's not very polite to be late."

   Erik's eyes don't leave his book even though he has not read a single word since Nadir has entered. The Persian sits beside the ghost and relaxes while glancing at the book.

   Nadir pretends to be interested in it, "Erotica? Erik I didn't know you read that."

"W-WHAT?!"

   Erik shuts the book closed to read the title: The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde. He whips around to see Nadir covering his face to hide his giggles.

"I knew you weren't actually reading it. You can't fool me, Erik. What have you done today?"

   The ghost is still a bit embarrassed from what just happened so it takes him a moment to realize the subject changed. He shyly holds his hands together while he puts his thoughts in order. He shrugs, "Wrote some letters for the managers, Madame Giry will receive them later. She's been so kind that I wanted to do more for her. I think little Meg deserves a raise."

   Nadir nods slowly as he rests his arm on the back of the couch, the closeness makes Erik shiver. He sits stiffly with his bony hands in his lap.

   "That's very kind of you, Erik. Your friendship is very nice."

   Erik scoffs, "Friendship? We're not friends. More like...a person I know more than an acquaintance. Someone who I talk to every other moment or so." He leans back which makes him touching Nadir's arm, but neither one of them move.

   "That's what friends are. What are we then?"

   The ghost turns to look at Nadir who has moved in closer. He's so close Erik gets to inspect the gray hairs coming in, any imperfections of his skin, those deep brown eyes, and his handsome face structure. A wild blush rushes over Erik's face, he's glad to be wearing a mask right now. His eyes widen a bit, it looks like Nadir's eyes glanced down to where his lips would be if they weren't covered.

   "If you get any closer I'll pray for your downfall tonight."

   "Erik, you're an atheist, don't scare me." The Daroga jokes with a sweet grin. He then sits up straight which makes him move away slightly, "Answer me, what am I to you?"

   Erik sits there for a moment in silence until he blurts out, "You're a great booby, that's what!"

Daroga bursts into laughter, whenever Erik wants to annoy him he always resorts to that stupid nickname. His laughter makes Erik's eyes soften, without thinking he leans against him while he gets thrown into his own fit of laughter. Nadir's arms wrap around him to keep him close as they get lost in a sea of giggles and tears. Normally this would make the ghost very uncomfortable, but right now he hasn't a care in the world. In fact, this feels warm and safe...very comforting to what he usually feels.

   Once their fun dies down Nadir rests his head on his friend's shoulder, all the laughing tired them out. Erik turns his head as much as he can to see the other's face, Nadir mumbles annoyed, "Your mask is poking me, take it off. You know I don't care."

   Erik rolls his eyes while he takes off his mask, the cool air hits his face which makes him flinch for a second. Nadir nuzzles in closer to his neck. This closeness leaves Erik speechless. How can a handsome man hold such an awful beast with only affection in mind?

   The warmth of his breath on his neck makes him sit stiffly. Nadir brings more of his weight onto him which doesn't help this situation. Erik is about to insult him until he notices Nadir is asleep. Oh no...

   Just like if Nadir was a cat, Erik makes sure to keep completely still to not disturb the comfort of his dear friend. He doesn't even realize he's holding his breath until the need for air takes over. It's a very uncomfortable and awkward few minutes while Erik figures out what to do. What can he do? Why would he do anything? That thought brings him more ease. There's nothing to do except accept this fate. Erik relaxes into Nadir by leaning into him and resting his cheek on his forehead. His heart skips a beat for a moment once he realizes he enjoys this. Erik slowly closes his eyes while wrapping his arms around Nadir's body. His cold body finally warm and safe beside the one he loves.