Erik x Blind! Reader

Erik's POV
——————————————————

   There was a night that changed my life forever. It happened when I least expected it. Perhaps... it changed my life for the better. It happened not too long ago.
...
   Today was a frustrating day to say the least. How long do I have to deal with these damned managers? They refuse to give me my pay. They refuse to listen to my orders. The more they refuse the more hell I shall give them.

   To calm down, I spent all day working and composing in my home under the opera house. The only time I decide to leave is when nighttime appears.

   The halls are dark and silent, for now, since everyone is gone for the day. Sometimes just pacing around my halls is a calming experience. And yes, I say my halls, I don't care how much the new managers claim they own the place. As I'm lost in my thoughts I bump into someone. I can't believe I could be this careless, will they scream once they see me?

   "Oh, terribly sorry there! I didn't know someone was out this late. I'm glad you are though. It wouldn't be too much of a hassle if you could help me to my room, would it?"

   My eyes widen when I hear them speak. What are they so polite for? Once they step forward the moonlight comes in through the window and illuminates their face; they are blind.

   Thoughts race through my mind as I decide what to do. Usually if it was anyone else I would run back to the shadows as they would scream bloody murder. But... they don't know who I am. Why should I have to run this time?

   I take in a breath as I finally say something, "I shall take you to your room. But first, who are you?"

   They nod happily and gleefully say, "I'm (Y/N) Andre. The child of Gilles Andre, one of the managers of this place. I came here to visit him and perhaps help him around a bit. Sadly, I wasn't able to see him today. So, I was given a room here for the night since I got here so late and then I'll see him tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I stepped out my room to do something and I could not find my way back."

   The child of Gilles Andre...
The first thing I think of is revenge. Revenge for what Monsieur Andre has done to me and my opera house. But then I pause for a second. This person has absolutely nothing to do with my quarrel with him. Sure, they may be the child of him but they haven't done anything to me.

   And well...they are blind. Perhaps I do take some pity on them. Or maybe I envy them. They cannot see the horrors of the world. They cannot see me. My face is no different than any other. I am perceived as a normal man.

   What is this giddy feeling I feel? To the world I'm a monster that seemed to have crawled out of Hell itself. But, to them, I am simply another gentleman that walks down the street.

   So, I do the unthinkable... I help them. I help them to their room that they are staying in. Their smile never once leaving their face. Once we arrive at their quarters they turn to me.

   "Thank you so much, sir! May I know the name of the kind gentleman that helped me to my room, tonight?"

   Oh boy, a flatterer. I hate to say it but I enjoy it. I can basically feel my heart pump out my chest as I say these next words.

   With a gulp I softly speak, "Erik. I am Erik..." One of my hands plays with the button of my coat, "I hope I have the honor of meeting you once more."

   They grin as they feel for the door handle of the door, "As do I! I shall be on the look out for you tomorrow, then. After I meet with my father."

   I shake my head, not like they can see. "No need, I shall find you. Goodbye, until tomorrow..." my last words drift off into the quiet hallway.

   "Until tomorrow." They finish as they close their door. I almost feel somewhat solemn as their door shuts closed. Could this be a friend for me? I never thought of it before. The only one who will not fear me is the one with broken eyes.

   "Until tomorrow..." I whisper to myself as I turn around, making my way back downstairs to my cold and lonely home. Hopefully, you will trust me enough to let me show you the way down. The way down to my personal Hell. It might be not as bad if you were there though.
...
   And I was right. My life isn't so bad with you here with me.