Beautiful Face

Request by: Lieblingslok_01

Erik doesn't want to kiss reader because of his appearance, but they accept and love his face. He can't believe that they would.

---------------------------------------------

My relationship with Erik has been like no other...it is always words. Only words. Ever since we started courting he expressed how much he wanted to hold me close and show me how warm the stars of night could be. He does nothing of the sort. I do not believe he has lied to me, but I do believe he is scared. The touches he does give me are featherlight and delicate, so light I'm almost not sure that they are there at all. He only allows himself to touch my hands gently, and only for a moment. One time he accidentally touched my back when he walked behind me, and when he did he apologized profusely for it. He has never kissed me. He hasn't even kissed my hands or shoulders. Absolutely nowhere. I told him many times I am okay with affection and he always said he would give me everything I desire, but he still hasn't done anything towards that.

I understand affection is not everything in a relationship, but it would mean a lot since I crave it so badly. I even asked him before if he does not care for affection, maybe it makes him uncomfortable and so he doesn't wish for it. I told him I would understand but what he told me only confused me even more.

"I love affection. The thought of your kisses and soft embrace make me feel so warm and safe. They are wonderful, I'm sure. And to kiss you...that would make my poor soul alive again."

What would I give to make his soul burn bright...but he keeps it cast in shadow. Any time I try to kiss him or try to hold him he shies away. Even holding his hand is impossible. Erik tells me he wants to hold me and kiss me, but he never makes any actions to do it. I need to talk to him about this right now.

I walk through his lair until I reach his room, his organ plays enchanting sounds that echo throughout the rooms. I knock loudly enough for him to hear. If he is too entranced by his work he might not hear, but if he isn't putting in his full attention then it should be easy to pry him away. Thankfully, a few seconds later he opens the door with a gentle smile.

"Welcome back, my darling. How was your outing?"

"Good," I mumble. His smile immediately falls once he sees my frown. "We need to talk, Erik."

Panic washes over his eyes as he falls to his knees in front of me, he grabs onto the sleeves of my outfit and begs. "I am sorry for whatever I have done. Please forgive me for upsetting you. Don't leave, I beg of you. What can I do to make your days brighter? I will do anything-." I quickly place my finger over his lips to get him to stop apologizing for something that he doesn't even know the reason for. He tenses slightly and pulls away from my hand, he faces away from me.

"Erik, my love, I am not leaving you. Not now, not ever. Please stand up."

His shoulders ease up a little from my words, he looks up at me with those big sad eyes. He reacts like an animal locked in a cage, I need to show him he is free. Erik slowly gets to his feet with my help, the very moment he's steady he pulls away from my touch. I sigh gently and gesture over to the couch. We walk over and sit down together, his knees are only centimeters away but he makes sure we don't touch.

He glances up at me every so often but doesn't keep his gaze on mine. I know I should slowly ease into the conversation to help him feel calmer, or at least as calm as possible. Whatever that may be for Erik.

"I am not mad at you. We just need to talk about something that I feel is important."

He nods slowly as he waits for me to continue.

I move in a little closer and place my hand on his knee, but as usual he backs away. I sigh as I run a hand through my hair, "This...this is the problem. You never allow me to touch you, and you never touch me. You say you want to, but you never actually do it. You don't comprehend how badly I want to kiss you." I say gently.

His eyes widen and he slowly shakes his head and mumbles, "My angel...I really do want to. Truly. But how could a monster like me deserve to hold an angel? And I want to kiss you too...but I can't. There is no way you could want to kiss me though. Look at me." He wraps his arms around himself and stares into his lap. I feel awful that he thinks about himself like that, but I am glad that we are getting to the root of the problem.

"Erik, you are not a monster. You are a human. A beautiful human with a beautiful face that I adore so much. Please let me see you." I lean over and cup his masked cheek. He gasps but doesn't move. I can see the debate in his eyes until he is able to let out a short nod. He watches my face intensely for any sign of fear as I take it off, but all he is greeted with is a smile.

I have seen his face quite a few times before, but every time he acts like it's the first. Not once have I ever shown fear about it, but he expects to see it eventually. He needs to know I love him for who he is.

"May I kiss you?" I ask as I cup his face. His hands are gripping his pants tightly, I notice his hands are shaking slightly. I know he's uncomfortable, so I hold his face lightly so he can easily pull away if he needs to. It seems his heart and his brain are fighting for what he wants. His heart wants to melt into me so badly, while his brain wants to hide away and drown in his sorrows.

Then Erik nods.

I grin and move in even closer than before. My lips meet his as I close my eyes. My thumbs caress his cheeks, the smooth and the deformed. My heart skips at beat from the connection, this is everything I ever wanted. His lips are surprisingly soft, they're warm and irresistible. If he would let me I would kiss him all day long, and yet I know I still could never get enough of it. I want to kiss him every single day, all day. I want to hold him in my arms to show him everything is okay. I want to feel his body pressed to mine, it'll make me feel like I'm on top of the world.

Erik places his hands on my shoulders and pulls me away, when he does I am able to see the tears welling up in his eyes. They have all the love in the universe inside of them, but somehow they are still breaking. "S-Stop...you can't possible enjoy this? Look at my lips...look at how big and swollen and disgusting they are! I shouldn't kiss you. My lips should never touch perfection like yours." His voice wavers as he speaks. He takes in a shaky breath as the tears begin to fall. "My face is horrific, it is a sin that you even have to look at it. It's so awful. My sunken cheeks and eyes, my poor excuse for a nose...how could you?!"

Before he can rant more I kiss him again. He needs to know his worries are only worries, nothing more. This time he seems to let himself go and fall into the kiss. He kisses me back with so much love...he really has been holding back. When we part he lets out a little whimper, he didn't want it to stop. I give him a gentle smile and I wipe his face with my handkerchief.

"I love you. I love your face and I love your lips. You talk so badly about yourself, but I don't see any of that. I see the most handsome man I have ever seen, and one I am so lucky to call mine. Your lips are so soft and gentle, I have to warn you I don't think I'll be able to stop kissing you now that we started." That makes us both giggle softly. Erik looks more relaxed than before which I am thankful for. I continue, "I really do love your face. I know your past experiences in life have made you hate it...but I hope to show you how that can change. Loving your face is possible; I know it is because I love it. If you are comfortable I would love to show you all the love that you have been missing out on."

Erik's face breaks out into a teary eyed smile, the most beautiful smile ever. "I would love that...I have never known love until I met you. Thank you for making me feel so special."

"Anything for you, beautiful."

His face burns bright red and he looks away with a love filled grin. I lean forward and kiss his deformed cheek. He melts into my arms and closes his eyes. He was terrified about affection, but I am glad to show him now how he deserves all the love that is coming his way.