3

As we went through the meadows, Frank finally found a spot for us to have a short tea party. There was a plain grass that is surrounded by poppies and tulips and other flowers– and also butterflies. There's a lot of butterflies in here.

We set up our picnic blanket, color green and yellow checker patterns around it and our brown picnic basket with Frank's big water bottle.
I grabbed his bottle and felt it is hot to the touch, slightly.

I immediately placed down all the remainings of the basket as Frank began to wander around the plains for butterfly hunting and Julie helped me set up our tea.

Once putting everything is good to go, Julie called out Frank that the tea party is starting. He went back– a jar of pink butterfly in his hands.

"Look! I've never seen this one before.. Time to do some research..", he said as he pulled out a butterfly book.

But before he could open it, Julie interrupted him, "Up-pup-pup-pup! Frank, before you open that butterfly book of yours, let's have a conversation as we finish up our tea!"

Frank thought for a moment as he placed his book down beside him, "Alright–  but make it quick!"

Me and Julie made a sly eye contact as she pour down the tea pot over Frank's cup so very sweetly– and slowly.

Frank didn't even notice how slow we are moving, I was the first one to spike up a conversation but then, my mind went straight to Wally.

"Uhh... Does any of you know who Wally is?", I asked them.

"Oh! I know him! He's the most friendliest among all the neighbors that live in here!", Julie exclaimed as she grabbed a sliced banana bread.

Staring at it makes my stomach churn, full because of Agathina's rose cakes.

"Yes, we know him. Didn't Julie introduced you to him while you move your stuffs in?", Frank asked as he took a sip.

I saw Julie jolted in surprise and held her two hairs so tightly and averted her eyes away from mine. Frank gave her a side eye and said:

"You didn't introduce her to Wally?"

Just then, Julie nodded shyly as both of us heard Frank sighed in disappointment as he placed his cup down on the plate.

"All right, since you didn't introduce her to him– why won't we celebrate your stay in the neighborhood? It's been a week and everyone's a bit busy that day when you arrived.", Frank said.

I thought about what he said, of course, no one celebrated my arrival since everyone's so busy. I could invite Agathina, Julie, Frank, Howdy, Sally, Eddie... And Wally.

I nodded as I already thought about the decorations but that'll be later.
After we're done chatting, we went butterfly hunting.

Frank hunted the most rarest butterflies ever and put them in a jar, Julie casually just picked up poppies to distract the butterflies into the jar.

After an attempt of catching butterflies, I basically failed so I just picked up flowers, from poppies to daisies.

I eventually went too far away from the duo as I kept picking flowers until I came to a rose bush. My eyes glimmered to stars as I carefully plucked the rose, but failed– that is because my skin is too soft to touch.

I heard humming nearby behind that big bush of roses, I sneaked behind and saw that big blue hair with sunny yellow skin.

Oh... It's Wally.. But what's he doing here in the woods?

His humming is so beautiful, I decided to stay behind the bush and listened to his lullaby. Then, his humming went into singing, mumbling the song and stopping very often– I don't know if he's aware that I'm watching him or him just forgetting the lyrics.

But either way, he became so silent– too silent. My heart picked up its beat as I saw him standing up. I sneakily backed away from him but... I didn't hear him walking.

I stayed for a bit. Then, another one minute. Then–

"Hi Y/N."

I screamed as my fist went up to the air to punch someone but I looked down to see–

"Wally! My heavens you scared me!", I yelled at him.

He seemed shocked and said, "I'm sorry, did I startle you that much, dear?"

"Yes!", I said with a huff, I crossed my arms to see I'm angry with him for scaring me like that.

"I apologize, dear"

I heard shuffling of grasses before me but decided not to bat him an eye for I am still mad at him. I felt his hands hovering before me but I only pouted.

I heard him chuckle and said, "It's not that hard to forgive someone who made a small mistake,  Y/N."

I finally gave him a good look and in front of me is a boquet of roses and the other flowers– the ones I picked. I must've dropped them when he scared me...

I gently picked up the boquet causing my hands to touch his as he let the boquet go. We made eye contact for a bit, then I heard my name being shouted from afar.

Wally turned his head towards the sound and slightly frowned at the call, but then! I remembered the celebration of my stay in the neighborhood.

"Hey, Wally. Do you think you're available for a party?", I asked him.

Wally turned his head and faced towards me, answering, "I am always available, Y/N. What's the party about?"

"A party about my stay in the neighborhood? It was Frank's idea after all since everyone are too busy to notice my arrival..", I explained to him as I saw him peering his eyes to the side.

I turned my head to see Julie and Frank's figure walking towards here.

"I see, my dear. When is the party?", Wally smiled brightly.

"I'm not sure– but I'll inform you!", I happily answered his question.

Then, just in time– Julie and Frank noticed us talking and decided to join in since they are now finish butterfly catching. As we walk outside of the meadow, I noticed how Wally always stares at me, either admiration or creepy.

But I'll just say it's admiration.