Chapter 36 Wanda has news, Tony plans a party

"Hey guys, I need to talk to you",Wanda entered the observation room as the Avengers were calling it for the last few days since the break in of the tower happened. It was the room where everyone had their shift of looking for the teenagers and writing down every possible place where they could be. And the room was occupied 24/7. At this moment, where Wanda entered practically everyone was there. They all turned to her. And Wanda immediately grew more nervous.

"So, I've talked to Nat and Vision about this and they both seemed to have the opinion that I should share this with you, so that I don't put myself in a high risk situation", she started to explain. They all continued to look at her, more curious than before. "Well don't leave us hanging in suspense, what is it?", Sam asked. 

"I have no idea how, but I'm pregnant"

There was a stunned silence in the room. Rhodey was the first one to break it. "You're ...pregnant... but you have no idea how it's possible?" Wanda rolled her eyes a little, knowing what he was implying. "I do know how one get's pregnant, Rhodey but I haven't been with anyone except Vis and I'm sure that's not how it works." 

"Did you get a check up?", Bruce asked. "I did a test", she replied. "It's hard to get a check up when you're a fugitive" Tony pointedly looked away. "Do you want another one?", Bruce ignored the snippy remark. She nodded and he showed her the way to his lab. Vision promptly followed so did Nat. And Wanda was grateful for Doctor Banner. 

He did an ultrasound. Vision held here hand and made sure she was alright. Nat stood a little bit further away and Wanda thought of her like a guardian angel. The spy may not always make her presence known, but she was always there when Wanda needed her. But Wanda also had an inkling that Nat didn't just stay farther away to give her space. For a second, when the ultrasound showed something, her mask slipped and Wanda could've sworn she saw sadness in her eyes. 

"It looks like you're entering your third month of pregnancy next week", Bruce disrupted her thoughts. He was looking at the screen. "And...", he continued, "It also looks like you're having twins" 

That last sentence made her blood run cold. "Twins?", she asked, trying to hide the shaking in her voice and her shock. She should've expected it, after all twin genes get passed down and she is a twin, but this only reminded her of the her own and of what she lost. She looked over at Nat, who had an unrecognizable expression on her face. As if something clicked, but at the same time as if she was trying to figure something else out. 

...

When Vision, Bruce, Wanda and Nat reentered the obsevation room, everyone looked back at them expectingly. Wanda wasn't in the mood of saying anything, thankfully Bruce did it for her. "Twins", he said, "and she's entering her third month." 

Again there was silence. "So, no more putting yourself and you babies in dangerous situations then", Steve said. To Wanda it sounded like a question, but she knew it wasn't. "I can handle myself", she replied, being well aware of her accent coming in. "I know that, but I'm not putting you in extra danger. Tony?", he asked. Surprisingly Tony agreed. "He's right. It doesn't matter how powerful you are, you aren't leaving this facility or putting yourself in any fights"

"You guys realize that there is a kid out there, with the exact same powers as me that none of you match right?", she inquired. "And we'll cross that bridge when we get to it", Steve said. Wanda rolled her eyes. She felt like she was being treated like she was fragile, which was hypocritical, since half of ht people in this room wanted her to be locked upon the raft, up until they probably found out she was pregnant. But she didn't say anything further, as she'd learned from the clash or civil war as the media liked to call it: they were all just a bunch of stubborn, influential and powerful adults.

"So", Tony interrupted her thinking, "I was planning to throw a party on the Fourth of July and since you guys are all already here, you're all invited. You can invite your families", he looked at Clint, "or fellow teammates, like that Ant dude. And I've talked with the Wakandans and they're coming and since it's going to be Steves birthday and they said he's stable, I've allowed them to bring Barnes." 

"I'm sorry did I hear that right?", Steve asked perplex. "You've invited Bucky?" 

Tony nodded. "I need to talk to him. In a civil manner." 

"Where is this coming from?", Nat asked.

"None of your business, just be grateful", Tony said to Steve before leaving the room. 

"Anyone wanna bet it has something to do with him becoming a father and wanting to be a good role model?", Sam asked into the room. 

"I would, but I'd probably lose it", Rhodey replied, with a smirk on his face. 

"You can't really blame him. Morgan is a really cute baby", Peter said. That caused a few heads to turn in his direction. "You've met her?", Clint asked. "I'm her babysitter", Peter grinned.