Chapter 25 Meeting and avoiding

It had been a week, since the whole team last spoke. Morgan was doing everything to avoid Allie at all costs and so did she. Meeting eyes would turn into quick look aways as soon as they happened. Both girls would stay in their respective rooms, when in the apartment. If they did have to communicate they would tell the boys to tell the other person. It was stupid and stubborn but that's how they were and they both had a talent for holding grudges. 

Morgan spent most of her time in the Tower. It wasn't safe but it was away. Besides she worked the best on location. Most materials that she needed to make the portal maker were in the upper levels. She was working hard on getting there, but it wasn't like anyone was gonna promote a girl that had started working at the company like two months ago. She also knew that most of the materials were in level alpha, to which at this time only two people had direct access to. They would have to plan a heist soon, to get there. But until then she could ignore Allie. So she did that.

"Hey, Big Brain", Darren interrupted her working by peaking out from behind his Computer. Morgan pretended to not have heard him. "Morgan", he finally said after a few more attempts to use a nickname. Man that guy could think of names. It didn't rival her fathers level quite yet, but he was on the right way to that. "What is it?", Morgan looked up from the current object she was trying to fix at a normal speed, so she wouldn't cause anybody to suspect her. "Dr. Banner said yesterday that you should go to his office when you're in next time" Morgan raised her eyebrows.  "Are you serious?", she asked. He nodded. 

This was bad. Morgan was standing in front of her uncles temporary office in the tower. Her mind was debating if she should knock or not. It would cause suspicion if she didn't show, but at the same time, she wouldn't want to meet either of her parents face to face. She took a deep breath and knocked three times. The door opened and Bruce was sitting at his table while his secretary or some other person held the door open and a guy was talking to him intently. H looked over and dismissed the guy, when he saw Morgan. 

When the door closed and there were only Morgan and Bruce in the room it was quiet. Her uncle looked at her, as if he was studying her and looked back at his papers on his desk. "So it must have come as a surprise that I called you here", he began. Morgan shrugged. "Well I didn't sound like I was getting fired so I actually showed up", she responded sheepishly. He looked at her and then away again, with an intrigued look on his face. "Well for the little time you've been here, you seemed to have picked up things quickly and you know your way around certain aspects. Aspects I don't fully comprehend sometimes and that aren't always my area of expertise. So I'd like to ask if you'd be willing to accompany me to my next meeting, so that you could maybe learn a little more about the structure of the company. Afterwards we can have a briefing on certain aspects of said meeting, because I think that two brains who think differently absorb different kinds of information", he explained. Morgan looked at him intently. "So you need me as the translator for the technic related stuff?", she asked without hesitation. A smirk was playing on her lips. It wasn't mockery, she simply called him out.  He nodded. "So you in?" "Sure" "Good. The meeting starts in an hour."

To be honest, Morgan was a little overwhelmed by how quickly everything was happening, but she adjusted right on time. After the meeting she went to the toilet. When she got there she looked in the mirror. She couldn't show up to a meeting wearing a beanie and a jeans jacket. So she got rid of them and went to her locker to get a more appropriate outfit. Even if there was a slight chance of her getting to an upper level, she had to use it and that meant look the part. 

A little less then an hour later she stood in front of her uncles office ready to go. She had a laptop in her hand, just in case she needed to write something down. After a few times of knocking and not getting an answer she let out a sigh and let herself in Bruce Banners office. She had to chuckle at the scene before her. Her uncle was a talented scientist, but he had a problem with putting things where he would find them again. "what are you looking for?", She asked. "My laptop and a few statistics.", he answered while rummaging through a drawer. Morgan walked over to his desk, held up a few files and there it was. "This laptop?", she asked. A sign of relive washed over his face. "Yes thank you. Now we gotta go"

They walked into the meeting room and it seemed like the meeting was just about to start. Morgan didn't know most of the people, probably because they were already old in this time, so they would probably already be in rent or dead in hers. Bruce walked over to a woman, who Morgan to late recognized as her own mother, for her to back out the room. And when he gestured for her to come over, she didn't really have a choice. "This is Miss Harrison, I'd like her to join the meeting and observe", he said to Pepper Potts, who seemed to be studying her. "You're a new face", she said, friendly. "How long have you been working here?" "Two months." "And yet you have awoken Dr. Banners interest. Impressive. Are you still on an Omega level?" Morgan nodded with a challenging. "Interesting choice Bruce. I like her", Pepper said with a smile playing on her lips. "She can stay. I'd like to see what she can do"

And so the meeting started. Morgan sat in a corner, typing all the important information. She not once looked down on her laptop, but stayed focused on the problem at hand. They were discussing different stabilizing agents for a new product that could absorb chemical energy and transform it into physical energy. They seemed to be stuck on the different material types and Morgan was thinking of a completely different one than everybody else. They were thinking way too far, even though it was too easy. At some point she couldn't take the stupid discussions anymore. Her hand shot up and everyone looked at her. "What?!", the director, who was leading the discussion asked annoyed. "Why exactly don't you use Aluminum?", she asked. "I mean it's lighter than any of the metals you've mentioned so far, it costs less and it is the most effective.", sh counted down on her fingers. "I'd also add golden alloy to this part, so it isn't as uncontrolled.", she stood up and pointed on the screen where the blue prints were. "That-  could work", he said and Morgan sat back down, not saying more and stared to take notes again. 

After the meeting Bruce was over the moon about how she'd handed the problem. He asked her to come by his office the next day to discuss everything they needed and so that he could learn from her. They said their goodbyes and Morgan walked back to her desk. 

"Hey", a voice called after her. Morgan took a deep breath, knowing who it belonged to and turned around to face Pepper. "Hi, do you need something?" "No I just wanted to say: That was quite an impressive task you did there, we've been going over it for months. I've wanted to ask my husband about it, but I never really remembered it when I saw him, so... What was your full name?" "Harrison. Morgan Harrison." Pepper seemed to stare at her for a few seconds, before regaining her composure and spoke again. "I'll keep that in mind"