Chapter 3 Looking for Teammates

"Brother, Brother", Tommy clutched his head as those words echoed through his head. 'what do you want?', he thought. He hated his brothers mind tricks. They hurt, especially when he was far away. "You need to come back to New York"  'Why would I do that?', he thought he just left there and the way here was not easy. 'I just ran to Sokovia and now you want me to go back?', he thought not believing what he was hearing. "Have you looked around?", his brother asked. "When you have, I'm on the Statue of Liberty waiting", he added. Tommy shook his head to get rid of the pain and started to look around.

He first thought he was at the wrong place. Sokovia wasn't there, well not really at least. There were huge stones and rubble everywhere. Occasionally there would be a house being built, but its was nowhere near the city he knew and loved. He asked himself what had happened. He found a memorial he recognized five large Stones engraved with all the people that died when Ultron had attacked. There were many flowers and bouquets around it, more than he had ever seen. There was also a a poem written on a sign next to it. One line from the poem awoke Tommys interest. It was: Two years you have been gone. Two years? That couldn't be right. Now he was curious and decided to go back to New York. 

"So, what is this?", he asked his brother about three minutes later. They were literally standing on the Statue of Liberty. It was like their private spot. There were only a few selected people, who could come up here, so it was perfect. "Were in 2017", Billy said calmly. His brother raised his eyebrow. "How?" "I have no idea but we need to find the others. WITHOUT anyone finding out about our existence." "How do you plan on doing that?" "Allie is in New York in Times Square", his eyes were closed. "Then let's go", Tommy grabbed his brother, held his neck and raced to Times Square. 

The brothers hid behind a building and scanned the crowd for their team mate. Tommy eventually spotted her and pulled her behind the building. She resisted until she saw who it was.  "Oh thank god I don't have to travel the world to find you guys.", she exclaimed. "I was in Sokovia when that idiot contacted me", Tommy pointed to his brother. "Yeah why were you in Sokovia?", Billy asked his brother. "I wanted to see if our vacation house is still standing", Tommy shrugged. "And I wanted to invite her over to stay there", he gave Allie a nudge, who just looked him in the eyes. He did the same when he saw what she was doing. "Oh my god just get it over with and kiss already", Billy exclaimed. Both Tommy and Allie stayed in the staring contest tough, until Allie blinked. "I won", Tommy said. "Fine but I still get a kiss." , Allie pressed her lips against his.  "Ok, now that we have all that out of the way, can we get on working on a plan?", Billy said annoyed. "Grumpy", Allie mumbled.

They went to an apartment and Billy mid controlled the old lady living there to go sleep at a friends house. So now they were in the middle of Manhattan and had a pretty good view over that part of the city. "So Morgan is nowhere in the city", Allie said after trying to find Morgans voice or heartbeat. "You sure?", Billy asked. He felt a little useless in finding Morgan. He couldn't sense her thoughts, since the genius girl had a chip in her mind, that allowed her to control her suit and it blocked him from her mind. "Yeah but imma keep looking. Any idea where Nate is?", he shook his head.

...

They were searching for them for about a week. Allie was trying to hear Morgan, Billy was trying to see Nates thoughts and Tommy was racing around the city, checking buildings systematically to find either of them. After one week had passed Billy came into the room Allie and Tommy were staying in and looked very worried. "I found Nate", he said. "And you're not gonna like where he is"