Blooming Doubt

She yawned and sat against the wall next to Deidara. "Sunshine." she ignored his cooing. "Sunshine its not nice to ignore people. And here I thought you had manners hm." he smacked his teeth.

"Is it important?" she asked as he looked at her blankly. "Perhaps hm." he looked at the scroll in her hand. "Do you honestly think the leaf will tell you anything I say? You trust them that much hm?" the seed grows into a sprout. "What do you rabble about?" she finally turned to him. He smirked at the small victory as he turned his body to hers. "All villages lie, they tell the people what they want to hear, to give them hope hm. So what makes the leaf so good hm? Are they not hiding something as well?" she digested his words.

"No village is perfect. The leaf has a bad history that I look to figure out but even so, I wont betray them." her gaze was steeled as he flicked his neck, causing the bang in front of his eye to move out of his face. "Well sunshine, say I do follow you all the way to the leaf. Say they do torture me, and say they do get all the information I hold. How much will you receive hm?" he tried to read what was going on behind that steeled face of hers. She cracked a smile and leaned against the wall. "Well what I receive will retain to my mission." deidara's smirk fell.

"I didn't think your reaction would be so bland hm. The pink one gave me a more amusing response." she snorted. "Naruto would have as well, good thing it's me." she twisted the ring on her thumb, causing the blond to look at it. "You seem desperate to get married to me. Is there a reason why hm? I'm a good catch but I'd like to know the motives of it all." he wondered if this would help him get under her skin. He knew Tobi was looking for a chance to take him back but he just needed the woman to be less alert.

"Marriage? Never thought much of it, do shinobi's deserve such luxuries?" she smiled bitterly at the ring. "Shinobi's do, but the question is, do killers deserve it?" he smirked, he found something. "Oh yes, do you deserve me?" she smirked at him as his own grew. "Like I said, I'm a catch." she rolled her eyes. "Oh honestly, I've seen your worse and I must ask. What is it that makes you a catch?" she leaned her head on her hand as she looked at him. "Well I'm good with my hands, know proper hygiene, make good money, and I know how to cook." she clapped softly.

"Such a good house husband. I'd definitely marry you." she, of course, meant it as a joke but it was a nice thought. For a moment, she could see herself come home to him in an apron, telling her to sit the hell down and eat. She would laugh and kiss him before sitting. It was a weird thought but not unpleasant.

"House husband? I dont think so, staying in one place is a easy way to catch death hm." she tilted her head before thinking it over. "You're an akatsuki member. Meaning you'll be hunted, alas, we arent meant to be." she shrugged as he frowned. "Giving up on us already? Shallow woman." she winked at his accusations. "I just love to break a beautiful man." the blonde shook his head. "Oh no, those charms wont work on me. Dont you know how many have tried hm?" she pouted. "Telling your betrothed that other woman have tried to seduce you is cruel." she feigned her pain as she looked away. Deidara snorted as the woman turned away.

The banter was small but much needed for her to keep her mind off of what he said.

"Guys, you notice it too right?" sakura stopped walking as she looked around at the surrounding trees. "I sensed it but believed it was the anbu since were closer to the village." sugimoto looked to Deidara who looked at her and smirked. "Not me, your chakra chains make sure of that hm." he defended as she looked at yamato and awaited his inquiry. He too looked at Deidara and back to Sakura. "Sakura, you were with him last, did you let him out of you sight?" he asked as the woman raised a brow. "No." she paused then looked at the blonde man. "He said he had to pee, so I turned my back but I know he didn't go anywhere!" she tried as Sai smiled. "Sounds like Sakura helped him get away." Sai was punched by the pinkette as the man in the chains phased through them.