33. The camera

Zacznij od początku

He was like a prince of modern times. 

He realized that if Taehyung asked, anyone would do anything for him, and so the show in his presence. 

The cameraman handed him the camera, throwing Taehyung a hesitant glance. Taehyung smiled and nodded assuringly, but it did nothing to calm the man's nerves. What if Jeongguk dropped it or something?

Still, if Taehyung was asking him, he had to do it, of course. Very hesitantly, he handed the camera over to Jeongguk. 

With a very proud accomplished smile, Jeongguk took the camera and turned to Hoseok. "You shall continue," he said. 

Hoseok let out a bark of laughter at that. "It's break time now, Gguk. You can have fun but give the camera back to him after the break ends. I can't film the movie with you behind the camera," he said. 

"How da-" Jeongguk remembered what Jimin always told him about ego not being a charm anymore. "Why can't you do it with me?" he amended.

Taehyung barely concealed a snort at that. This was the adorable brat that he loved. Prince or not, he was just a dork for him.

"Because you don't know how to use it properly!!" Hoseok exclaimed, making sure to keep the playfulness obvious in his voice. 

"Then show me!! I know how to take a video on my phone. Isn't that what you are doing here?"

People who weren't close enough with the higher-ups to be able to laugh at Jeongguk just coughed and tried to hide their amusement while Taehyung, Jimin, Seokjin, Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi laughed out loud. 

"Okay, Jeonggukie, you can take a video here if that's what you want," Taehyung said, exchanging a little glance with Hoseok. They already knew they would just discard whatever Jeongguk captured in the camera. There was no harm in entertaining the kid in the meantime. 

"Mr Choi will show you what to do until the break ends and then you can take a video, okay?" Yoongi said with his gummy smile wide on display. Mr Choi, the cameraman, cursed his luck, not wanting to interact alone with Jeongguk's intimidating self, but having no option but to obey. 

"Alright. You all shall leave, then," Jeongguk said, dismissing them unconsciously. Deciding not to find too much amusement in everything he does, the rest of them just obeyed and left for their trailers while Hoseok and Yoongi stayed back to monitor the scenes that they had filmed so far for the day. 

As Mr Choi kept teaching Jeongguk what to do, every new picture Jeongguk tried as a trial got displayed on the screen that Hoseok generally used to monitor the scenes. He ignored them and the videos that followed, but then the break ended and Taehyung stepped back in with a flower crown on his blue head. It was for the climax scene where they showed how the two kings ruled their kingdom happily ever after.

When Taehyung had first stepped out of his room the previous day with his blue hair, it had led to a fight between him and Jeongguk. 

No matter how much Taehyung tried to explain to Jeongguk that he wasn't being 'indecent' and 'cultureless', Jeongguk couldn't get it. 

Frustrated, Taehyung had called Jeongguk an 'old mutt' and Jeongguk had lost his cool at that. 

"I AM YOUNGER THAN YOU, YOU FUCKER!!" he had yelled. 

Taehyung would have yelled back. He would have definitely yelled back at Jeongguk if his words hadn't registered in his brain faster. 

"Fucker?" he had asked, astonished that Jeongguk refused to change his way of speaking but had still learned and used a curse word perfectly. 

"Yes!! Fucker!! That information-giver in my phone told me what fuck means. And you got fucked by Seokjin-nim yesterday!! He is literally your friend's husband and you still did it!! 

Taehyung had lost his cool at that as well. "IS THIS ABOUT MY HAIR OR ABOUT ME GETTING FUCKED?! WHICH I DID NOT, BY THE WAY!! I'VE TOLD YOU THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-FOUR TIMES THAT WE ARE ACTING AND THAT NOTHING IS REAL AND IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM TO PENETRATE YOUR THICK SKULL, DOES IT?! AND EVEN IF I DID, WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ARE MY BOYFRIEND!!" he yelled his head off. 

Jeongguk didn't reply. ".....boyfriend?" he asked after a while. 

"Lover!" Taehyung amended, being too worked up to sit and explain what boyfriend meant to Jeongguk. 

"I WANT TO BE YOUR BOYFRIEND, THEN!! WILL YOU STOP DOING THIS IF I BECOME YOUR BOYFRIEND?!"

"I-.....that's not how it works!!!!" Taehyung's voice had gone quite a few octaves high. "I told you I'm just acting!! It's my career. My life. I can't stop it just for you. I want to be your boyfriend too, but that's just not how it works. You should respect me and my work if you want to be with me. You can't be this demanding without even understanding what's going on."

The fight had ended with both of them storming off to their rooms, but after that, they had had the entire night to stop and realize that they had indirectly talked about being in a relationship. 

Thus, the next day when they gathered at the table for breakfast, the animosity wasn't there anymore. Instead, when Taehyung entered the room, Jeongguk stood up and dragged a chair out for him, gesturing him to sit down. 

Pleasantly surprised, Taehyung obeyed, only to freeze when Jeongguk bent close to his face and gently tucked a blue lock behind his ear, whispering "ethereal," under his breath before going to his own chair and eating like he hadn't set off every single cell inside Taehyung like fireworks.

Well, even though Jeongguk still thought that Taehyung was being indecent and cultureless with all that he was doing with his hair, he also thought that Taehyung was being evil with how beautiful he was being.

Without even realizing it, he focused the camera in his hand on Taehyung and applied everything he learnt just now into taking a picture. 

The crown was just a prop, but it was so beautiful that Jeongguk couldn't help but capture it and its bearer. 

As he lowered the camera and locked eyes with Taehyung just as everyone else managed to get a look at what he just captured on the projecting screen, only one word slipped out of his mouth, loud and clear. 

"Mine."