Chapter 26 - Revelation

(I want to jump out of the moving car I'm currently writing this godforsaken chapter in.)

Every entity was now in the library. Jack sat next to Screech and Window, the latter talking about who knows what, while Rush, Halt, and Ambush were telling Eyes what happened down there. Glitch was still fussing over the tv, and Spirit was sorting through the tapes. More specifically, she was looking for any that looked newer than the others. Though, they were all fairly beat up. Spirit hoped they at least still played footage, or, at the very least, audio.

"So then Shadow started approaching us, and we couldn't really do anything but go into the storage room, which, mind you, was very big. Seriously, I couldn't see the end of it; it faded into pure darkness," Halt explained to Eyes.

"Luckily, the tapes and the 'Box of Truth,' or whatever Ambush called it, weren't too far from the entrance," Rush said, smirking at Ambush.

"For the record, I called it that as a joke," Ambush defended. "It's not my fault I don't want to constantly refer to it as 'television.' It's a long word!"

"And besides, didn't he call it 'The Vision Box?'" Halt said, looking back at the others.

"It doesn't matter what he called it, can you please just continue the story?" Eyes asked impatiently.

"Right, right, sorry," Halt said. "So, anyway, after we got inside, Glitch and Spirit started blocking and barricading the door, while Rush, Ambush, and I were looking for the things, and Shadow was banging on the door, trying to get in."

"After a few minutes we finally got everything we could, and we got the hell out of there," Ambush said. "We got out just in time, too. Shadow got in just as we were escaping."

"Sounds like you were cutting it pretty close. Are you alright?" Eyes questioned.

"Oh yeah, we're fine," Rush answered. "Physically, anyway. Not so much mentally."

"Rush, literally no one here is mentally okay," Ambush said, barely half joking.

"He knows that, Ambush," Halt said in response. "Rush was just addressing that."

"Well damn, no need to attack me for that," Ambush said jokingly, smirking at his friends. Rush gave him a friendly shove, laughing. Eyes rolled his eyes, before Halt dragged him down with them, also laughing.

Elsewhere in the library, Jack listened absentmindedly to Screech and Sally's conversation, while watching Glitch mess around with a really old, beat up looking tv, and Spirit was muttering to herself as she looked through the many vhs tapes on the floor in front of her. His mind was racing as he watched them, Screech and Sally's chattering being almost like white noise to him.

Who are these people? Why do they feel so familiar, yet feel so unusual? Why aren't I in my room? ...Where are my parents? These are a few of the many thoughts running through Jack's head, but that last thought stuck with him. The last thing he could remember was his mother telling him to go to sleep, since his father was drinking again. What confused Jack most, however, was how he knew about the existence of his parents, but couldn't even remember his own name.

It confused and frightened him, to be completely honest.

Meanwhile, Screech and Window were having a conversation regarding Timothy, Figure, Shadow, and fiery vengeance. They were pretty upset about the loss of their friends, and just overall pissed over the Shadow situation. They had to sleep in uncomfortable places, they had to be cautious and paranoid 24/7, and even then, there was still the possibility that they could get whisked away at any moment. In short, anxiety and anger levels were at an all time high.