Chapter 06 - A New Stranger

(We shall now see the world from Screech's perspective... for a bit, anyway.)

Screech was hanging out in the main hall, reading a book he'd taken from the library. He lay across one of the couches, and had a blanket draped over him. He was cozy.

And then the princess and the prince lived happily ever after, blah blah blah, romance is stupid. Screech thought to himself. Why did I take this book again? Screech was one of the youngest entities, only slightly older than Timothy, whom he was great friends with. They hung out a lot, but man they wanted another teammate. Causing chaos would be so much more fun if I just had another friend my age...

He sighed as he got up, it didn't matter. No one else would ever come to the hotel. Especially since it was now stuck in some freezing cold wooded area. And they couldn't leave either. Why, though?

Rush said something about a wall before, but there's no wall outside. Maybe he was talking about some kind of invisible barrier. Ah, there it was. Screech was young, but he certainly wasn't stupid. He knew quite a lot about some things.

"Ugh, I'm sooooooo booooored..." Screech whined to himself. The only other person in the room right now was Ambush, who paid no attention to the smaller entity. He was working on some art. That's right, Ambush is an artist, and he was working on a piece that would hopefully inspire the rest of the hotel's vacants, so that they would be more willing to find Shadow and put a stop to whatever it was he was doing before, or, rather, what he was trying to do. It was basically a picture of Shadow on fire while the rest of the entities danced around his burning body. He was so engrossed in his work, until a tapping noise came from a window.

"What the hell...?" Ambush got up, and noticed the tapping had caught Screech's attention, too.

Taptaptap... This time the tapping sound came from behind the couch Screech was lying on, and so, Ambush walked towards it, and both Screech and Ambush peered outside, trying to see what that tapping was.

Taptaptaptap... "There!" Screech shouted, and began charging towards the window across the hall. Ambush followed Screech, and this time, they opened the window. A blast of cold air hit both entities as well as rainwater, catching them by surprise. Then, something large whooshed into the hallway. Ambush quickly closed the window and turned around, only to see a young girl with short, dark hair and shining, white eyes.

"Hello!" the girl shouted enthusiastically, and smiled, showing off her perfectly white teeth.

"Who are you?..." Ambush asked, wondering where the everloving hell this girl came from.

"I have two names! Window and Sally. You can call me either of the two you prefer, or maybe both!" She laughed, then jumped onto a table, onto a light fixture, and then jumped down, breaking a few of the floorboards beneath her.

"Hi! my name is Screech, and this is Ambush!" Screech was excited. Sally is probably around my age! That means a new teammate in my cult of chaos! She seems like so much fun!

Sally stuck out her hand. "Pleased to meet you, Ambush and Screech! I've been around this hotel for so long, and now I can finally be in it! Hey, by the way, where did this forest come from? Wasn't it, like, a grassy field before?" Ambush hesitantly shook her hand, not knowing how to react to this information. Screech on the other hand shook her hand immediately.

"We came to this forest after a really mean guy named Shadow kidnapped us! Rush says it's because of a machine!" Sally gasped, she loved machines!

"Where is it? I must know!" Sally wanted to tinker with it and see what else it could do.

Ambush laughed nervously and replied, "Actually, I don't know... I don't think any of us do, It's hard to remember the way back, and it's not like I'd want to go back anyway..." Ambush muttered that last part. He very well knew where it was, but he didn't want Shadow to get his hands on what seemed like a sweet girl.

"Hey, I know a place where we can read about machines! The Library!" Screech yelled, wanting to introduce Timothy to the new cult member. He was always in the library, so they might as well head over there. Besides, Screech needed to return the book he took.

"Ooh, that sounds fun! Let's go!" Sally grabbed Screech's hand. "Lead the way, Screechy!"

"Aye aye, captain!" Screech shouted, and they both dashed towards the library.

Ambush sighed. This duo will be quite a lot for poor Figure. He'd better follow them, it would be for the best...

////////////

Seek sauntered through the empty halls. All he could think about was Rush. He hated him... why, though? What had led him to hate him. Seek himself was very confused, but since he had no idea how to deal with feelings and emotions, he just went along with it. At first, it was just teasing, but now... He didn't want to think about it.

He stalked into his room, then closed and locked the door. He walked over to his desk, and pulled off his face mask, not bothering to look at himself in the mirror as he left the mask on the table. Instead, he sat at his desk, lost in thought. Rush, Screech, Figure, Spirit... Those names danced around in his head, after all, those were the people he was around the most. Even then, he was rarely around them.

So why do they haunt my mind... Especially Spirit... There was something so familiar about her, yet, before Rush had introduced her, he'd never known her. His brooding was interrupted by a loud crashing noise coming from the Library. He grumbled, grabbed his face mask and put it on, before getting up to see what all the commotion was about.

////////////

Screech, Timothy, and Sally all stood on top of one of the book cases in the library. They had been jumping from case to case, and had accidentally knocked one over, which caused the rest of the shelves in that area to fall over as well.

Figure laid across his desk with a splitting headache, the noise being too much for him to handle, while Eyes, Ambush, Rush, and Halt were trying to get them down, and Glitch was huddled into a corner, unsure of what to do. Spirit suddenly burst through the door, Seek following behind her, and they both looked in shock and horror as to what the Library had become.

"Uhm... Nope!" Seek immediately turned around and left. Spirit joined the others in trying to get the younger ones down, turning into her blue light form. She ended up carrying Timothy down to the ground, while Screech jumped off into Eyes's arms, and Sally climbed down.

"What were you three thinking!" Rush immediately scolded them. "Look at what you've done to the library, and to Figure! You three are going to help us clean this up right now!"

Sally, Screech, and Timothy looked ashamed, they hadn't meant to do this. While chaos was fun, getting caught was what really sucked.

Spirit pulled Rush to the side as everyone else began to clean up, and Glitch walked over to comfort Figure.

"So Rush, who's the little girl, and where in the multiverse did she come from?" She said calmly, though Rush could see she was trying her hardest not to lose it.

"Uh, so Ambush told me she came into the hotel from a window, and then she and Screech decided to cause chaos. Screech told me her name was Sally, but she could also be called Window... So yeah." Rush finished explaining, then left to go help Halt, Eyes, and Ambush pick the shelves back up, while the young ones picked up and sorted the fallen books.

Spirit sighed, and began to help with the clean up as well.