Jasper's grip on my shoulder tightens, "I won't let that happen anymore."

"Fine," I look up, a challenging smile on my face, "Then it starts today, tell me how you got that injury, Jasper."

"You're not going to let this go are you?" He chuckles, before releasing a breath, "I have reason to believe it was a warning from my dad."

"Your dad?" I cry out.

"He's not the nicest person. He does what he wants, when he wants. And when something or someone strays, he takes measures that are... unethical to keep them in line."

"S-so he hired, what, a hitman to hurt you?"

His eyebrows raise, "Well I wouldn't put it past him."

"What has this man done to you?" I ask perplexed, a small feeling of fear creeps into me, and I worry about Jasper's safety, "Do you need help?"

Jasper lets out a soft breath of air, pulling me tighter, "No, Eliza. I'm alright, he just caught me of guard that night, and my apartment was too far away."

"Are you sure? We can report it to the right authorities if you want too, you're still under 18."

"The authorities can't do anything to my dad who lives in America, besides the cops there are corrupt, part of their payroll comes from my father, he has power." He replies, his face grim.

My breath falters, "Oh."

He unlocks the car with the remote, "But you don't have to worry your pretty little head over that, I'll sort it out."

I chew the inside of my lip, before nodding slowly. Who in their right minds wouldn't worry about it?

-

We reach the steps by my front door, when he lets go of my hand. There were still small butterflies prancing around in my stomach as I peer into his eyes.

"Well then, who's this?"

Mum's high voice breaks me from my trance, and she watches me closely, hiding a small smile.

"Good evening, Mrs Hayashi, it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Jasper Hastings." He extends his arm out, allowing his hands to clasp her's in a firm hand shake. I bite back the small smile, he was trying to make a good impression on at least one of my family members. 

"Oh, just call me Florence dear," She releases her hold before turning to me with a knowing look, "So, what were you two up to then?"

I feel the heat rising through my cheeks, "We- We uh-"

"I took her out on a date, to the fair by St Oswald's square." Jasper announces, his voice firm.

I immediately snap my head to his direction, I wasn't too sure how I was going to break it to mum, not that she'd object, in fact, judging by her face, it seemed as though she was over the moon.

"Aww, that's lovely, do you want to come in for some tea?" She asks.

"No, he doesn't." I rush out, just as Jasper agree's to step in for dinner.

"Come on in then!"

We turn our heads to each other, and he steps through the doorway just after he smirks at his victory. I suck my teeth, before reluctantly following him through the door. We take our shoes off as I nudge him aggressively in his non-injured side

"You just won't give it up will you?" I whisper, walking slightly ahead as I lead him into the dining room.

"I'm your boyfriend now, I have to be on good terms with at least one person in your family." 

"I think Ezra's the person you should start this adventure with, not my mum."

"Funny." He replies, pulling the chair besides me as we sit.

Elijah was also seated at the table, his face carried a wary look, as he greeted Jasper. I knew of Ezra's feelings towards Jasper, it was anything but positive. But, with Elijah, I wasn't sure where to place him. He had shared his discontent the day I returned from the lake, but other than that there were no further conversations about him. I guess I could say he was more open minded about Jasper, considering he didn't scold me about keeping him in my room, when he clearly knew who was there.

All I could hope was that my family would warm up to him, and discover who he was as a person as I had.

__ __ __

Hey guys,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Thank you,

Elle <3