Amused, though I clearly knew that the injury was to be taken seriously, I shook my head and carefully took her arm and took a look at her wound.

»Bobby, Robert, Rya and I played in the woods when a big bad bear appeared and wanted to hurt us,« she explained and sounded scared at first. A bit traumatized, I would say.

»Rya was crying and Bobby and Robert just ran away. Rya fell and the others left her. I transformed to protect her and growled loudly, like you showed me. But the bad bear threw me through the air and hurt me with his claws. Rya hid herself and the boys still ran away. But they went to get Alpha Benjamin who defeated the big bad bear!« she ended her story proudly.

It could be an event that left an impact on her or it could be an experience which she laughed at in the future.

»You're quite brave to stand against a bad grumpy bear. But do you know what?« I leaned down to her ear.

»I believe that you can throw the bad grumpy bear through the air by yourself when you are bigger and older. And for that you need to train and eat« I made a big movement with my outstretched arms to both sides, »this much.«

Eagerly she nodded and giggled.

»And you should thank Alpha Benjamin that he defeated the bad grumpy bear.« I booped her nose and now she beamed even brighter – if that was even possible.

»Yes! I will thank him this, this this, thissssss big!« The last 'this' got extra stretched.

»I hope you do. So, and now I will take care of your arm.« I jumped down from the lounger and got myself gloves before I collected everything I needed for her injury.

»Brother Kyran, can you hum your song again?« she asked with big round eyes.

I sat down before her on a stool and Hanna handed me her arm without me asking for it.

It sometimes happened that when I was absent minded in my work that I started to hum and many of the younger patients I had taken care of calmed down when I did that, so it turned into a kind of ritual if someone was scared.

There wasn't even a meaning behind the song. Someone new from Hozier.

Back then Naika downloaded some random songs on my phone and that was one of the songs and because she snored like a walrus with constipation and I could only sleep with her with in her room – when Fynn slept over and I needed to stay with her – when I had headphones in.

And then one thing came to another and I listened to this song on repeat without knowing. And then I started to hum it with every opportunity when I drifted away with my thoughts.

If I hadn't had my singing-blockade back then I would have probably started singing.

Softly I hummed the melody and noticed that Hanna's breathing calmed down, just like her heartbeat got calmer and steadier.

Though Hanna was a brave girl, she was scared of needles and injections. Not really to her advantage when she was here almost every second week.

It was obvious how deep the claws went into her flesh when she got thrown.

»You do things, Hanna,« I sighed – I stopped humming for a moment to say it before continuing – and dabbed the wounds with a dab.

Again, and again the girl twisted her expression because of the burning alcoholic liquid on the dab.

»Brother Kyran? Who is the man that smiles so strangely?« Confused, I lifted my head, stopped my humming and turned to Cas.

And just like Hanna said, he smiled quite cringe at me. Almost as if he was consumed in his own bubble and didn't notice anything happening around him and could only see me at the moment.