Teddy Is Good Karma

A/N HAPPY PRIDE MONTH, ESPECIALLY TO THE MEMBERS OF THE ALPHABET MAFIA AND ALLIES

No ones/third person POV

"PAWL PAWL." Teddy yelling running around Paul's feet and pulling on his pants leg.

Paul and Draco has just walked through the door and told Harry they weren't dating ('better to do it right away' Draco had said earlier 'rip the bandaid off').

And Teddy ever the comedic genius starting running around and changing his hair and skin like a disco ball while chanting Paul's name.

Lucky for them it breaks the awkward tension that had settled over them. Paul laughs and ruffles Teddy hair before picking up under the armpits and swinging him around.

Teddy laughs and his hair changes from green to yellow with purple streaks.

"Do you want to eat lunch with us Paul? I was just about to cook some curry."

"If you're sure I'm intruding then I'd love too."

Harry smiles and picks up Teddy putting him on his shoulders and walking through the doorway.

Draco and Paul follow behind, but not before Paul heard Draco's hushed laughing and a quiet voice laughing into his ear.

"I think he's the only one of us short enough to do that with Teddy. 

"I heard that."

Harry whips around and puts his hands on his hips (looking an awful lot like professor Mcgonagall) Teddy pulls on his ear and laughs at his expression.

Apparently he, like everyone else thought Harry expression was priceless.

Harry harrumphs and sulks about to get onions from the pantry.

Draco rolls his eyes at Harry's dramatics and pulls the lentils from the taller cupboard before Harry even tries to climb on the counter like he usually does.

Paul's thinks it's oddly endearing that they know what the other is doing without even knowing, he reasons with himself that he can say this now that he and Draco aren't together.

"So Harry, how did you learn cook?"  Paul asks trying to keep conversation flowing. Harry freezes up and Paul feels instantly regretful, he shouldn't have asked.

Harry swallows the lump in his throat and answer tightly.

"My family."

Draco places a hand on the small of Harry's back to steady him and changes the subject before Harry can drift away into his mind again.

Teddy seems to notice Harry's tense mood as well because his hair turns grey for a second and then flicks to purple and he pulls on Harry's ears again, almost as if he's steering him towards the stove.

"Here Paul, if you want something to do, you can chop this cauliflower." Draco says quickly, handing him a head of cauliflower and gesturing to the cutting board on the counter.

"Oh yeah of course."

Draco flashes a quick smile at him and turns toward Harry. He reaches his arm around Harry and grabs a tea towel from the hook beside the oven.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"This is fucking delicious" Paul says through a mouth of food. "Compliments to the chef."