Backup?

Harry's POV

Teddy and I are playing with alphabet cubes in the living room. I'm excited to help raise him I always wanted a family so that I could be a better father or father figure than the Dursley's were.

Teddy gargles and grabs a block with a big C on it he thumps it on the floor and giggles when it skids across the floor and out of his little hands.

Draco is somewhere upstairs probably dancing around our room all happy and shit. I know he isn't mine or anything close but I can't help feeling a little jealous of Paul.

BAM! I jump in my skin and scramble to stand up, drawing my wand i cradle Teddy to my chest, another big slam comes from the hallway and a voice sounds from the doorway. "Sup mother fuckers!" Pansy says striding into the living room, as if she hadn't just given me a mini heart attack, her fancy bag swinging on her arm and an apologetic Hermione following behind her.

"DRACO GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE I BROUGHT BACKUP." She screams in the general vicinity of the upstairs.

"Hi Harry sorry to bother you."  Hermione says pulling a chocolate bar out of her bag.

"Here you go, I figured you'd feel better about this if I brought food." She gives me a knowing look as if she can read my thoughts about Draco and hands me the candy.

"Um, me and Teddy are going to go out for a while and leave you ladies to your... uh, dress up? For want of a better word." I shrug.

"Dress up? Is that what you think this is?" Pansy gasps. "I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW-" "calm down Pans he just didn't know, also Harry dear it's Teddy and I." Hermione puts a gentle hand on  Pansys shoulder immediately calming the fashionista.

I wonder if they're more than friends, they do seem closer and they would definitely be a power couple, I think of Pansys ambition to be a famous stylist and Hermione's to be minister of magic.

I pat Teddy gently on the back and grab my wool peacoat from the hanger, careful not to grab Dracos instead, the only difference between ours is that his is light gray and mine is navy blue, but the hallway is always dark and sometimes I'll accidentally wear his, only realizing when when I almost trip over the longer hem.

I grab Teddys tuque and hide all his striking blue hair underneath the green wool, Molly had knit him the hat as soon as she knew what size his head was. It fit him perfectly, somehow Molly had that superpower.

I button up Teddys coat before we head out into the cool October air. Only one week left until Halloween, I can't wait, there's just something happy about children having fun. Plus it's nice to give that to someone when I never got to go trick or treating.

My feet crunch through the dead leaves covering our wooden porch and I tread in the general direction of town, humming a tune under my breath and heading towards Nevilles plant shop.

The bell overhead jingles as we walk in and Nevilles head shoots up from its spot behind the counter and his face lights up with joy.

"Luna!" He calls over his shoulder. He walks towards us and picks up Teddy, "Hey Edward how are you little guy?"

Luna comes downstairs, her patchwork trench coat trailing behind her, "hello Harry." She says in a floaty voice, her white hair swishing behind her.

She takes a stone necklace from under her shirt and hangs it around my neck like an award, "it'll help keep the wrackspurts away, I can feel them affecting your aura."

"Thanks Luna." Although I think it's a certain slytherin who's affecting my aura I mentally add.

Speaking of which. "Alright well I just came to check in while the girls give dr- Malfoy a makeover, we should be leaving soon." I say brightly as Neville hands back a grumpy Teddy.

"Bye." They call after us waving from the window of their shop.

Teddy and I walk towards a magic coffee shop and I grab a cinnamon coffee. Then we continue on the short walk back home.

Dracos POV

I run my hands through my hair and sigh, it's not like it's my first date or anything, it's just that I'm nervous. Pansy and Hermione have been helping me pick outfits for the past hour and I found a pair of socks I lost two weeks ago but otherwise it's just been dress pants, skinny jeans, turtlenecks and black suits.

Clothing is strewn all around me and Harry's room and I can hardly see the floor through all the hair products and pyjama pants.

"This." Pansy proclaims holding up a white button up. "dark grey slacks." She says and hermione passes her a pair of pants I don't remember buying.

"Boom. Add your grey coat, silver jewelry and... Hermione, any thoughts on the hair?"

She says turning to consult Hermione. "Get a little mousse and run your fingers through it, you should be good with that."

"You are a hairstyle genius." Pansy compliments Hermione and folds the clothing laying it out on my bed. Hermione blushes and rummages through my jewelry picking out some casual pieces and laying them on top of my shirt.

"Alright, Draco take a shower and we'll help you when you're done." She calls to me as she walk over to our bathroom. I guess she's looking through my shampoo but I can't be sure.

"Why the fuck is all your stuff apple scented." She yells from the bathroom. "You're weird as fuck, remind me again why I'm your friend." She sighs.

"Because I know too many of your secrets for you to stop being my friend." I shrug casting a significant glance towards Hermione. "Also my artistic talent is keeping your business from collapsing." I kiss her in the cheek chastely as a thank you and walk towards the bathroom.

Pansy's POV

Draco leaves and I collapse on Harry's bed. I watch Hermione select a book from their bookshelf and rifle through the pages for a minute"So..." I start awkwardly "Just so we're in the same boat, Harry's pining after Draco and vice versa right?" I ask.

She puts the book back and collapses beside me. The bed bouncing slightly under her weight.

She turns her head towards me a stray curl falling in front of her eyes, my fingers itch to tuck it behind her ear.

"Totally." She throws her head back slightly as she says this and smiles brightly at me.

How far we've come, from rivalry's and heated glares to laughing and helping, the war was hard on us all, especially the children who's parents were death eaters.

"I'm really glad we became friends." I tell her quietly, realizing how close our faces are, I can feel her delicate breath near my cheek and she blushes deeply at our proximity, how easy it would be to just-

I hear the shower turn off and we both get up blushing and averting our eyes, she coughs awkwardly, "uh- I- we should help him get ready." She says hastily refolding the shirt and stacking it over the pants.

I remember how close we were to kissing and laugh nervously. "Yeah um I'll get the hair brush." I hurry towards the bathroom and open the door. Dracos shrieks loudly and covers himself with a towel.

"Where- shut up it's just me- where's your hair brush?" I ask looking through the cabinet. "Calm down Draco I've seen your prick a million times you don't need to hide behind that towel as if you don't know me."

Draco slowly lowers the towel and points to the two cabinets above the mirror, "left is my side."

I open the cabinet and rifle through his stuff, hair gel, hair masks, face masks, aha mousse! I turn to close the cabinet but now before something catches my eye.

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY WHY DO YOU HAVE MY LEAVE IN CONDITIONER!" I yell at him, in all my years of living I have never seen such fear in a mans eyes. He stutters before running from the room clutching the towel around his waist.

He hides behind Hermione and she looks at him quizzically. I can't be sure but I swear I saw him mutter some sort of prayer in Latin.

As he should. No one steals my leave in conditioner and lives to tell the tale.