Meglum (BYHHM)

"Can I have a moment with Meg?" Crystal glances up, nodding quickly before helping clear the room, leaving Meg alone with her mom.

"I'm nervous." Meg admits as she meets her mum's eye in the mirror.

"What's making you nervous?" Her mum questions, moving forward to help straighten out the way her vail falls down her back.

"Marriage." Meg chuckles, "All of it honestly. I know I love him, I know I want to be with him, but the idea of being married is making my stomach roll."

"Don't think about the word then, just focus on Calum. He's the best thing you've ever chosen in life, Meg. He brought out the best parts of you, and he has been your rock through everything over the last five years. Does the idea of spending your life with Calum scare you?"

"No, it makes my heart flutter honestly. I love the idea of being with him forever. He is my best friend, and I wouldn't be here today, as the woman I am without his role in my life." Meg smiles, leaning into her mom, "I love him so much."

"I know, and that is what you need to focus on today, because that is the why behind all the things you're nervous about. He is everything good for you, and I could not be more proud of the two of you and the life you've built together. I hope in ten years, or twenty, or fifty, that the two of you can look back on today are remember the joy you felt as you committed yourselves to each other. Don't get swept away in the hoopla so much that you forget it's all about you and him at it's core."

"I'll try." She nods, smoothing her hand down her dress as she takes a deep breath. She'd purchased the dress second hand, there had been too much fabric, tucks, ruffles, lace, and beads, but she's seen the bones and spent hours remaking the dress into exactly what she had wanted for herself.

"I love you, baby girl. And I'm so proud of you." Her mom sighs, hugging her tightly.

"I love you too, Mum."

"Hey," They both turn when Michael's voice comes from the doorway as he steps into the room. "it's time, you should find your seat, Dorothy. I've got our girl now."

"You've always had her, thank you for that, Michael." Her mum smiles, hugging him quickly before exiting the room.

"Ready, Meg?" Michael offers her his hand.

"Yeah." She sighs, "Thank you, by the way. For walking me down the aisle."

"You're my kid sister, and you've never had a dad, I'd probably have been offended if you hadn't asked me to do this for you."

"There's no one else I'd rather have give me away, Mike. You've carried me through life and given me everything you could to help make me who I am." She offers as he leads her out of the brides room, her arm looped through his.

"I'm so proud of you, Meg. And so lucky to be the man in your life that I have been. But mostly, I need you to know I am so happy for you, and for Calum. You two are perfect for each other, and it makes me so happy to see my sister and my best friend find such a genuine happiness with each other."

"I love you, Mike." She chuckles, holding back tears as she pulls him into a tight hug.

"I love you too, Meg." He mumbles, kissing the side of her head softly.

Calum straightens his sleeves as he waits nervously, watching the back of the hall. Luke comes down the aisle first, with Crystal and Sierra on each arm. Their lavender dresses flow softly, Luke's tie matching the greenery in their small bouquets. Ashton follows, with Mali on one arm and Daphne on the other. They'd decided on a small wedding, four bridesmaids, three groomsmen, meaning the only ones left to walk down the aisle are Meg and Michael.