CalCi (No Shame)

"You look amazing tonight, baby." Calum grins, walking up to Lia outside the location he had asked her to meet him,". A small bakery they had discovered a couple years prior that makes her favorite sticky cinnamon rolls.

"Thank you. How was your day in the studio?" She smiles, toeing up to press a kiss to his lips.

"Good. But date night with my beautiful girl is going to be even better. Come on, we are here so of course we need some sugary pastries."

"You know the way to my heart." She giggles, letting him pull her into the small shop to purchase the treat.

"So what are we doing tonight, Cal? You haven't told me the plan." She asks as they leave the shop with a box of cinnamon rolls in Calum's hand.

"I thought we could go stroll down on the beach maybe?" Calum shrugs, "Find a good place to eat our dessert and watch the sunset."

"That sounds romantic. I was expecting dinner and heading home." Lia laughs, blushing slightly still as Calum opens the door for her, helping her into his car.

"Nothing boring for you tonight, baby. Only the best." He chuckles, shutting her door before heading around the back of the car, patting his left pocket softly to make sure the box is still there before climbing behind the wheel.

***

"You okay, Calum?" Lia asks, glancing up at him as they walk along the warm sand, he seemed distracted today, like something was bugging him that he couldn't shake.

"I'm fine." He smiles, turning his eyes to her, "I was just thinking about everything that has happened to us over the last few years. Since you got drunk me into your bed for the first time." He chuckles lightly, "I was so angry the next day, but look at us now."

"I was a very different person then, and I will never be able to thank you enough for the influence you had on me and who I became because I had the opportunity to know you." She grins, "You changed my life, Calum Hood, in all the best ways. You saved me when I didn't know I needed saving, and you did it without forcing anything."

"All I did was call out your bullshit." He rolls his eyes, "I'm lucky you listened to me."

"Me too." She nods, cuddling around his arm more as they walk.

"I was thinking about changing your life again though, Lia..." Calum comments a few moments later, his tone suddenly quite nervous sounding.

"Oh ya?" She frowns, confused by his comment.

"Yeah," he smiles down at her, "I love you, Cecilia, you know that, you've known that for years. You are my life, my world revolves around you, baby. For the last while I've really been thinking about us, about what was next for us and our lives. You always talk about how much I have helped and shaped you into who you are, but you have done the same for me, be it more subtly. And I don't want to live another day of my life not knowing I will have you until my last day." He licks his lips nervously, turning to face her head on, taking her hands in his own.

"Oh my god." She whispers, her eyes going wide as she realizes what is happening.

"Cecila Moore, you are my whole life, the most amazing part of my world, and I love you more than I ever knew was possible. I want to wake up everyday until we are old and gray with you by my side. I never want to let go, I want to do all of my adventures with you. And I want to show the world how true and beautiful the love we share is, So..." He smiles softy, reaching into his pocket as he drops back to one knee, lifting the lid as he turns to look up at her, Lia, my light, my love, my best friend, would you do me the great honor of becoming my wife?"