Madlum (Broken Series)

"Again." Calum groans, feeling as if he had only just shut his eyes a moment ago.

"Yep." Maddie yawns, stretching out in the bed with a groan of her own, rolling sleepily from her place to pad across the room, picking up Thomas and bringing him back to the bed. Settling herself back into the headboard as she situates him to eat.

"Is Sammy in town this weekend? Or next?" Calum mumbles, his arm falling across Maddie's hips as he cuddles in, glad for a moment that Abigail has stayed asleep, though with the schedule Maddie had been trying to get the newborns on he assumed her cries would come shortly.

"Today. He will be here today. And they play UCLA tomorrow." Maddie yawns, "We're going right?"

"I bought us a box, so we can take the twins with us. Gotta have his biggest little fans there to support." Calum hums, rolling himself out of bed as Abigail's soft cry begins to fill the room.

"Come here, princess. You get to cuddle with daddy until your brother is done eating." He yawns, smiling down at his daughter as he scoops her into his arms.

"Can you believe they are a month old this week?" Maddie smiles at Calum, as he joins her in the bed.

"I don't know how we have survived not sleeping for a month." He chuckles back, bouncing Abigail softly.

"On their sweet faces and that baby smell that fuels parents world wide." Maddie laughs, stroking a thumb over Thomas' small cheek.

"Must be." Calum agrees with a small chuckle.

"But I wouldn't have it any other way, they are perfect." Maddie yawns.

"Beyond perfect." Calum nods, leaning down to kiss his baby girls head.

"Almost your turn, baby girl, keep cuddling daddy for just another couple minutes." Maddie coo's over at Abigail as she fusses a little bit, Calum finding her pacifier on the night stand to try and help hold her over while Maddie finishes nursing Thomas.

"You babies excited to meet uncle Sammy tomorrow? He is excited to finally get to meet both of you. He's also a little bit mad at mama for giving birth in the middle of Football season." Maddie laughs.

"I can't believe Sammy still hasn't met either of them." Calum chuckles, "It's so weird. My whole family has been out to meet them, so have your aunts and grandparents, but not Sam."

"Well, when you're the star receiver at a D1 school with NFL scouts watching, the birth of your nephew and niece isn't your coaches top priority." Maddie chuckles.

"But these little stinkers have been a priority to him, and I know you are equally as excited to have your brother here to meet them finally this weekend."

"More than." Maddie nods, smiling over at Calum softly.

***

"Maddog!" Maddie turns quickly, grinning as she catches sight of her baby brother, his smile wide and hair damp from the shower still.

"You killed it today, Sammy boy." She grins, throwing herself into his waiting arms.

"Thanks for coming, you guys didn't have to bring the babies out for a game with how young they are." Sam sighs, relaxing as he holds onto his best friend again.

"We wanted to come, Sammy. We haven't got to see a game this season because of the babies. When you were playing in our own backyard we couldn't resist." Calum smiles, pulling Sam into a tight hug as soon as he lets go of Maddie.

"It's good to see you again, Cal. Can I meet my mini best friends now?" Sam asks, his eyes moving to the stroller.

"They are excited to meet uncle Sammy." Maddie nods, turning to lift Abigail out of her car seat, setting her in Sam's arms, "This is Abigail."