Meglum (BYHHM)

"Is it weird if I say I missed the way it smells here." Meg laughs, her hand laced tightly with Calum's as they exit the jetway into the Sydney airport.

"It sounds weird, but I understand exactly what you mean." Calum laughs, "And damn does it feel good to be back in Sydney finally. It has been far too long."

"You've been back since I have." Meg laughs.

"When it's been as long as it has I don't think a six week difference is that big." Calum rolls his eyes.

"It when it's been that much longer since I got to hug my mum." Meg shrugs.

"You'll get to see her soon." Calum smiles sympathetically, completely understanding with the pain of missing his own mum.

"I haven't seen her since before everything happened. Before my assault, before us, the baby, the miscarriage... before everything." Meg's voice goes quiet.

"You should have had your mum there for all of that, I'm so sorry you didn't have her." Calum nods, shifting his hand out of hers to pull her tightly into his side.

"I'm just glad I had you." She smiles small.

"Always, Annie girl." He nods, guiding her after Luke and Sierra who are following the security guards towards their exit.

The bands return to Sydney had not been a small thing, and the airport had had to set up security precautions two days prior to help control the fans who were excitedly waiting for their return, despite the fact that the flight from Melbourne landed in Sydney at a very unreasonable hour of the night.

"Meg." She turns as her name is called, meeting Michael's eye as he and Crystal hurry forward.

"What's up?" She questions quickly, hearing the tone in his voice.

"Your mum will be at the show tonight with my parents. My mums text just came through. You'll get to see her sooner than planned." Michael grins, an equally as excited grin splitting Meg's face.

"Welcome home, Annie Girl, it's going to be a good couple weeks." Calum grins, hugging her tightly to himself for a moment before the four of them continue on towards the crowded exit.

***

"This is crazy, guys." Ashton chuckles almost nervously, pacing around the green room.

"What part? Luke laughs, "Playing the Opera House forecourt or seeing our parents and family again after so fucking long?"

"Both." Ashton instantly responds, all of their eyes looking up as a knock comes at the door, everyone freezing in place at the realization that at least one of their families has arrived at the show.

"What a time to freeze." Crystal laughs, standing to open the door herself, smiling as Ashton's mum and siblings file through the door.

"Mum!" Ashton almost squeaks out with excitement, pulling her into a tight hug. Everyone greeting his siblings excitedly to try and distract themselves from the anticipation of their family arriving shortly.

"Is this where the band is?" Calum twists his head quickly, crossing the room in two strides as he pulls his own mum into his arms tightly, burying his face into her neck as he shakes slightly with emotion.

"Mum." He whispers out, rubbing his hands up and down her back as he cuddles her close.

"It's so good to see you again, Cal." She chuckles lightly, her voice filled with emotion too as she clings back to him.

"I've missed you so much." He mumbles, unwilling to release her from his hold for a moment longer.

Meg smiles softly as she watches Calum and his mum, knowing how much of a mumma's boy he is and how special it must be to be hugging her again for the first time in nearly two years.

"Megan." She turns sharply at the soft tone, her own mum following aunt Karen into the room, tears immediately springing to her own eyes as she hurries to meet her mum halfway across the room.

"Mum. I love you." She cries softly, wrapping her arms around her mums neck tightly.

"I love you too, Meg, it's so nice to have you home again."

"I've missed you." Meg sighs, "I didn't know the hell life would become when I left your hug at the airport two years ago, and I have definitely been craving a mummy hug for nearly three years straight."

"Are you mad, for the hell you went through I mean? Just thinking about what it got you." Her mum asks knowingly, pulling back to look Meg in the eye.

"No. But I would have preferred to have my mum with me through it all too." She laughs, her eyes moving across the room to where Calum is excitedly greeting his dad now.

"You might not have found love if I'd been there to save you." She shrugs, "But I am glad to have my Megan home in my arms again finally too."

"How is my sweet, Megan?" She glances over her shoulder as Karen pulls her into a hug.

"Hi, auntie K." She grins, turning to hug the woman properly, "I am doing great, how are you holding up?"

"Just fine now that my family is back home for a bit." She smiles kindly.

"We're all glad to be here too." Meg chuckles.

"Annie." She glances away from her aunt as Calum calls for her, excusing herself as he motions for her.

"Yes?" She smiles as she reaches him across the room.

"Mum, dad, I know you've known Megan for over a decade, maybe even close to two decades now, but I'd like to formally introduce you to the love of my life, and my girlfriend." Calum grins, his cheeks pudging up excitedly as he wraps an arm around Meg's shoulders.

"We are very happy for you two." Joy grins, pulling Meg into a tight hug, "We were always rooting for the two of you."

"We know." Meg laughs, "But thank you. Sorry it took almost two years to meet the parents I'd already met."

"We can blame travel bans and the virus for it. No hard feelings." David laughs.

"It's the only thing that would keep the two of us away from Sydney for nearly two years straight. I think we both have grown even more fond of this little piece of the world with having to go so long without being here." Calum nods.

"Megan, your mum and Karen were telling me you've been working on a brand of your own?" Joy asks quickly.

"She's designed a whole line, Joy." Karen butts her way into the conversation easily.

"I'm not quite done yet." Meg laughs, "And it could flop."

"It won't. It's amazing. All of your dreams are going to come true with this line, Annie girl, believe it." Calum muses, kissing her temple softly.

"Does it have a set release date yet?" Joy asks excitedly.

"Late winter or early spring?" Meg shrugs, "As soon as I'm fully confident in it I guess. My mentor and I are trying to work on getting a plan set for the launch early next year."

"Let us know when, we will all want to support."

"Thank you. That means a lot to me." She smiles, feeling at peace. Being home, with her mum and family along with Calum's all in one room together finally. Nothing could seem more perfect, except for the fact that they are all here to witness the band perform for only the second time in nearly two years, outside the Sydney Opera House of all places.

------------------------
Y'all wanted more Meglum so here it is!

DM me any other ideas you guys want to see from Meglum or any of my characters!

Vote and comment!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)