Ashzy (Bend or Break)

"Oh my god." Izzy gasps suddenly, eyes wide as she looks at the notification on her screen.

"You okay, Iz?" Ashton yells from upstairs.

"Ya! Sorry just startled by something on the iPad." She calls back quickly, clicking into the email to see the details.

Dr. I Schulz,

It is with great anticipation that we extend to you an offer for the position of head of department in our Occupational Therapy clinic at Boston's Children's Hospital. Your work with the Los Angeles Children's Hospital has been exquisite, and we are excited to see what you could bring to our city with your knowledge and abilities.

Our current head of department Dr. Anderson's retire date is set for June 14th and we would love to have you in Boston prior to that date to work with him and create a smooth transition.

Please follow the link below to accept or decline our offer. We hope to see you in Boston soon,

Wendy Peters
HR Representative
Boston's Children's Hospital

"Holy shit." Izzy whispers, glancing over the letter again, it's a dream offer, to run her own clinic in arguably the best children's hospital in the world. She never would have imagined a position being offered to her at this point in her life, but there are things she would have to sacrifice to make it happen, and those things deserve more than a seconds though.

"You okay, Iz?" She reactively hits the power button as Ashton comes into the room.

"Ya. I have lunch planned with Emily today, so I'm going to head out. I'll see you tonight though?"

"Maybe. We are working in the studio this afternoon, might be a late night if something good happens."

"Well I'll be here whenever you get home." She smiles, pecking his lips softly as she reaches him, "I love you."

"Love you too, baby. Have fun with Em." He chuckles, waving her off before settling into the couch, grabbing the iPad she'd abandoned and opening it. Surprised by what she has left up on the screen as his eyes read quickly over the offer she'd received.

***

"Ash? You're still home?" Izzy calls out as she enters their home a couple hours later. Having expected him to be gone by now.

"Is there something you want to tell me, Izzy?" He is standing by the kitchen counter, anger in his eyes as she enters the kitchen.

"What are you talking about?" She frowns, "What's wrong?"

"Were you planning to tell me you got your dream job? Or that you were moving to Boston? Or was it going to be a surprise to me, I just show up at home one night to an empty house and all your things gone?" He spits harshly.

"Boston?" She frowns for a moment before her eyes go wide. "You were reading my emails? That's invasion of privacy, Ashton!"

"You left it up on the iPad, Isabella! It wasn't like I went snooping, I opened the tablet and it was in my face."

"It was still my private email, Ashton."

"So what you're saying is you're going and we don't even get a chance to discuss it? The job is more important than me to you!? After year, after Bali and promising ourselves to each other, after wearing that ring for two years!" He motions to the small promise ring on her left ring finger.

"I never said I was going!" She yells, "I got the offer this morning. I haven't had enough time to really make a decision! But right now you are making one for me. Acting like this about it!"