Ashber (Trusting Fate)

Ember's POV

"Okay, I know you said it would be cold here, Coach, but for some reason I wasn't expecting it to be this cold." Becky whines slightly as the team files off the chartered bus outside Mountain Side High School.

"Basketball season should be cold." I laugh back, "There was nothing better than leaving a hot sweaty practice and being hit in the face with an icy wind."

"That sounds awful." Autumn deadpans, shouldering her bag and heading for the doors.

"I like the snow." Mia offers me a smile before following the others towards the school.

"Are you more excited to be here coaching tonight, or for who is coming to watch tonight?" Jade asks as we grab the last couple bags and head towards the door.

"Both, it is a dream come true to be here to coach this game against this team, especially since my sister is playing against us." I smile, "But I am also excited to see Ash again, three weeks is a long time."

"I agree." She mumbles, blushing harshly.

"Come on, I'm excited to show everyone my big trophy." I laugh, pulling the door to the school open, the team all waiting for us just inside the doors. "This way." I motion for the group to follow me, heading around the corner towards the gym.

"You actually went to high school here?" Rea asks excitedly, everyone's eyes wandering around the hallways.

"For three years, but I played ball here for four." I smile, "And my senior year I helped the team win this trophy." I motion to the state championship trophy in the glass case, a photo of the team beside it.

"Can't wait for us to have one of those in the spring." Becky grins, the team cheering in response.

"We will. But today I need you girls to win, because I will never ever live it down if my coach and my baby sister beat us." I laugh, "Locker room is through here." I lead them into the gym, smiling as I see coach K across the space.

"Welcome to Mountain Side High." He grins, wandering towards us.

"Still smells like sweaty socks and stale Doritos. You ever going to do anything about that?" I grin, hugging him tightly as he reaches us.

"Wouldn't be MSG if it didn't smell like it." He chuckles, "Welcome Lady Sharks, we are excited for our game tonight against your team. I taught this woman everything she knows about basketball, so it shouldn't be too hard for my team to win this, but good luck anyway." He jokes.

"You wish you taught me everything, and you're going to have quite the game on your hands if you're going into it with that kind of attitude. I know your point guards weaknesses better than even she does." I roll my eyes at him.

"Alright alright, may the best coach win." He laughs.

"I will." I grin, "Now, are the locker rooms open?"

"Ya, my girls should be showing up in the next ten, but you guys are in that locker room."

"Thanks, Coach. Come on girls, lets get geared up and get to warm ups." I motion for the team to follow me towards the locker room, setting up the team gear and equipment while the girls hurry to change into their uniforms.

Heading out ahead of the girls reading through my game plan I'm startled as someone screams my name, looking up to see Annie grinning at me from bench where she is tying her shoes.

"Hey sis." I laugh, wandering over to sit beside her.

"I am so excited for this game. Win or lose, it will be the best game of my high school career." She grins, leaning into my side.