03

Y/n's pov:

Hotch and I walk out his office looking down at the team.
I look at everyone's faces and start to panick by the sight of 2 absolutely gorgeous human beings.
This woman with dark brown hair. The face and body of a goddess. She leaned against the table with her arms crossed and looked so confident.
Then this guy, pretty young. About nu age maybe.
He looks kind and understanding. He looks intelligent and warm.

My thoughts got broken when I hear a voice I recognise. David rossi. I went to alot of his lectures and read his books. But he also knows me...he saved me on a case. He kept contact after to check on me. He was the only one who cared for me then.

"Why did you kept saying they?" Rossi asked this woman with a very preppy mood. Her outift is so colourful. And she has this presence.

I felt nervous...im going to have to tell my mentor that I'm non binary.

"Everyone comfrence room now!"
Hotch yelled next to me.

I followed behind him and the whole team followed aswell.
"Everyone this is doctor y/n y/l/n they will be joining the team."
I smile at the team.
"These are agents derek Morgan..."
I shake his hand. Its the guy from the elevator.
"Agent emily prentiss"
The goddess
"Doctor Spencer Reid"
I want to shake his hand but he declines.
"Sorry its a germs thing. I just want to say I'm really impressed by your work" I smile at him.
"How about bumping fist?" I ask him and he gives me one.
"This is agent David rossi"
I smile at him.

"Y/n good to see you" he gives me 3 kisses and I hug him. "Hi dave" I say in return.
"You guys know eachother?" Emily asked.
I didn't know what to answer.
I can't tell them the real story. I can't tell them my dad found me kissing at the school gates with a girl at 15 and send my ass to conversion therapy in california. Where they used shock therapy on me. To cure me.
Conversion therapy was very much legal but shock therapy wasn't.
Agent rossi and Gideon got the kids out. I was already 16 by then. When i got out my father had keft us behind. Idk where he is or if hes still alive. Child services rook my away from my mother. And they got me in therapy.I was in there the longest( the camp) It took me years to finnaly accept that i was queer. And non binary.
When i was 18 I left the Foster home, and lived on my own. In my car... when agent rossi found out he invited me to his home ( he was retired at that point) and gave me food. But I never overstayed my visit. I moved around alot in my car across the country. Few years back after I got clean I reunited with my mom. But out relationship is still complicated.

"Y/n came to my lectures and well be just got close" Rossi lied. I was so happy he decided to keep it private.
"Dave is like a mentor to me bc of him I got into profiling and became an fbi agent" I smile up at him.

Hotch introduced me to 2 more people
"This is Jennifer jareau our Communications Liaison"
I also shake her hand.
"You can call me jj"
Even she was gorgeous. Everyone on this team is absolutely beautiful.
"And lastly but surtenly not least. Our technically analyst penelope garcia"

"It's is so nice to meet you" Penelope sounded actually excited.
Now it was my turn to introduce myself.
"It seems you all know alot about me already" I noticed penelope looked down. And guessing from her job she's the one who read my file. She's also the one who used my correct pronouns so it can't be anyone els.

"So I'll give a quick introduction ig. I'm non binary I use they/them pronouns"  I said It quickly. Like ripping of a band-aid. Agent hotchner smiled at me. I knew he would have by back if anyone didn't respect it.
"Ow I'm so sorry I miss gender you" Derek said apologetic.

"That's alright, you didn't know"
I say kindly. I don't mind people getting my pronouns wrong sometimes. I'm not going to correct them everytime. Just aslonf as they are respective and try to use the right pronouns. Its alright with me.
"I don't mean to sound old but what does that mean?" Rossi asked.

I wanted to explain But some els did in my place.
" The idea that there are only two genders is sometimes called a “gender binary,” because binary means “having two parts” (male and female). Therefore, “nonbinary” is one term people use to describe genders that don't fall into one of these two categories, male or female." Spencer gave the exact definition.

I laugh a bit.
"It means I don't feel male or female. But I kinda fall In between."
I say to rossi.
"When talking about me, you use the pronouns they/them instead of she/her or he/him"
Rossi nods.
"I'll try to respect that but I'm still new to this" he had his arm around me.
"That's okay. Aslong as you try to respect it its fine. I'm not going to correct it if you get it wrong. But just don't call me a girl or something"
I smile at the team.
"One question " Derek said.

I look at him.
"I use words like mama and babygirl. I say it automatic does that offend you? Cause I will try not to say it to you then"
I think for a second.
"Ow I actually don't know. Ig you can say it. If we were to hang out you can still call it a girls night."
The girls all smile.
Emily's smile is melting my heart.

"We have a case" jj said to hotch.
Everyone got seated.