𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖞 - ᴇᴛʜᴀɴ ʟᴀɴᴅʀʏ

— Basically the Halloween party scene from Scream VI except with some changes, you're also taking Tara's spot in this scene.

The house is beating with energy, music and the stench of a compilation of cheap alcohol and weed. My heart beats anxiously as I put myself in this situation. I've gone to a couple parties, sure, but this isn't high-school parties anymore, this is a college sorority party.

Led lights wrap around every ceiling wall, bright colours blind me as I make my way to the keg stand. No fucking way there's no beer left. Rolling my eyes, another masculine man comes up before me, looking me up and down then turning his attention over to the empty leg stand.

We exchange some words and he tells me there is bottled alcohol in the kitchen. He grabs my hand, leading me to the kitchen which is unsurprisingly filled with drunk young adults. Picking up and sorting through quarter full tequila and vodka bottles.

Finding nothing good to drink I look back at the guy, my dark deep eyes stare into his as a lightbulb sparks upon his head. "I might have half a bottle of fireball up in my room." tilting his head in towards me to whisper.

Taking less than a second to think about it I agree, "Fuck it, let's go." rolling my eyes back in my head. Grabbing back into his hand as he leads me to the long staircase which, you guessed it, has more drunk people making out.

A hand brushes my arm, my head turning to match with Ethan's who has a soft look on his face. "Hey you wanna get out of here and call it a night?" his thumb points back to the door. Anika, Mindy and Chad all group together behind him, staring at me, drained and ready to leave.

"Nah, I think I might stay for a little longer. You guys can head out though, I'll meet you tomorrow." I say, turning around to head back up the stairs.

Chad steps out before Ethan, putting his hands on his toned hips and putting on a cocky smile. "Come on (Y/N), let's go!"

"No, it's okay, I want to." I climb down the chairs adjusting his handkerchief so he looks me straight in the eyes.

The guy follows me down the stairs, getting far into Chad's face, "Yeah, she wants to." he grabs my arm, making me trip on the stairs but he continues to pull me like I'm nothing to him. Someone grabs hip from his shirt, ripping him down the stairs onto the ground below. Ethan stands half up the staircase, looking at the body he just flung.

Chad takes his turn, pushing him into the door right behind him. "You're about to get your fucking hands off her." he yells continuing to push his chest. They both alternate back and forth pushing each other in the chest and knocking them back.

Before anything bigger happens Sam comes whipping around the corner, muttering something to the guy before plunging a taser into his balls. He winces back in pain, dropping to the floor and palming his groin.

"Sam, what the fuck?" I yell at her as I run down the stairs, when I reach Ethan I quickly mutter "That's a lot for that." sarcastically at him. His head drops low as they all follow me out the door to the middle of the street.

They all hang back for a second giving me some space, I'm so angry right now I could burst into tears. And that's when I do. Sinking to my knees, cushioned by the body that teleported under me to catch my fall. They hold me as thoughts about last year race through my mind.

"Shh, it's okay sweetheart." Ethan whispers in my ear as he tightly holds me into his warm body. He tucks my hair behind my ears and whips the tears running down my cheek with his thumb. "I'm sorry for what happened on the staircase. I just didn't want to see you get hurt."

My arms latch onto him, holding onto his warmth while burying my head into his chest. We just sat there, for a while. He lets me cry into him while he reassures me. None of the group come up to me because I'll be too crowded.

He just holds me, that's what I need right now. I need him.