ELEVEN

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋's fingers fiddled around nervously, tension filling the bar as Stefan left to deal with his older brother

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋's fingers fiddled around nervously, tension filling the bar as Stefan left to deal with his older brother. The previous moment had withered into the air. Klaus was speaking on the phone with someone. His eyes going from Angel to the ring that barely fitted his finger to then look at the wolf that was still in pain. His eyes held this thing Angel couldn't quite tell. Angel's nerves were getting the best of her, she couldn't keep still in her chair. The shifting motion caught Klaus's attention, as his eyes zeroed back on her. This time he was a bit taken back as he saw Angels eyes focused on his. They had darkened.

Angelica's lip was caught between her teeth as she was staring at her ex-lover, many scenarios coming to her head. Could you blame her though? He was eye catching. Him being her ex didn't help much. Feeling lingering in the space between them. Both of them felt it. Klaus hesitantly hanged up the phone. His eyes still on Angelica's figure, he saw her lips part open like they were trying to form out words.

"I do miss our kisses" she finally admits, her eyes nervously going from klaus to her hands. "I miss everything, really." She stares blankly at her nails. "I am just scared, scared that if I let you back in I would come out hurt again" she look up at his shocked face. " I don't ever want to experience that again. You mean so much to me. I care so deeply it hurts, it hurts to fight this feeling that keeps coming out when I look at you." her eyes started to get glossy while she poured her whole heart out to him.

"I don't know what to do, nik."

"Love- I- " he sighs deeply calming himself before speaking up again "I miss us too. And I am sorry for the pain I have caused in your life, but believe me when I say I don't ever intend on doing that again. You are safe with me. And don't- don't hide this feelings, not from me." He was caressing her hands while reassuring her. "Does this feeling perhaps make your dead heart beat suddenly, my love?" he asked softly while cleaning her tear stained cheeks.

She nodded softly before answering him in almost a whisper "yes, it only beats for you" she murmured as she leaned her face in his warm hand. "Love, would you like to try us, again?" he hesitantly asked, they might have just shared a meaningful conversation but he was still in doubt she would still like to make advances on her feelings. " I swear on my cold heart that I will not hurt you and I will cherish you until the day I die, which is never going to happen" he reassures. This made a soft chuckle come out of Angel, there was a small silent pause before she nodded her head as she came closer to him.

"I'll always chose you, you know?" She said before closing the gap between them, the kids wasn't what movies usually described. No fireworks or sparkles were felt, but what both immortal beings felt was their heart being full again. It beating fast.

A/N:. I can't wait to show you guys what I have in store for this book. I'm so sorry for all the time gaps I've done between posting the chapters but that today will officially change 🤭🥳